Soapy! I can pick out the orange but it’s buried in a strong soapy smell and flavor… I love puerh but couldn’t even finish the cup. Looking at everyone else’s reviews I’m wondering if I somehow got a bad batch.

KeenTeaThyme

You’re not having any tea luck this morning! :(

Chi of Tea

its the same batch as everyone else, could there have been actual soap left in the cup or water somehow?

Jude

Chi of Tea: good question(!), but there was definitely no soap in the cup or water. I think it might be the orange flavoring that smells and tastes that way to me. I still smell it in the dry tea. Thanks for your response.

Comments

KeenTeaThyme

You’re not having any tea luck this morning! :(

Chi of Tea

Jude

Open at all hours for a good deep puerh, a fresh green tie guan yin, or an ethereal silver needle. Strong preference for exploring teas au naturel, and unflavored (except for unprocessed ingredients, e.g., cocoa shells/nibs, vanilla beans, flowers, fruits…).

I am always up for swaps.

Beyond the experience of tea, I’m interested in exploring its medicinal aspects. Other interests … yoga, creative veggie cooking, environmental issues, animal welfare, music/guitar, lefty politics, preventive health/nutrition, biking, swimming, foosball, photography.

Here’s how I rate ’em: