drank RASPBERRY & LITCHI by Tealux

AMAZING, amazing, amaaaaaaaaaaazing. my nose leads the way with teas, for the most part. so buying tea online? unseen? unsniffed? it’s true, i had concerns. that said, every lychee tea i’ve sniffed locally i have found unpersuasive. so, i took a chance (cue abba!).

what an amazing return on my gamble! this is the smoothest, most elegantly liquored tea i have ever had. awesome with my standard cream and sugar and just as nice untouched (a rare thing for me… reserved only for my favourites). i have pushed this blend like you would not believe: oversteeped, under steeped, forgotten about, resteeped multiple times… i have varied the temperature, tried milk instead of cream. no hurtle seems to knock this brilliant tea down.

this is a very fine tea. refined. elegant. subtle. distinctive. and, i can’t believe it, but it has replaced my beloved amaretto from david’s teas. this is my #1.

thank you, tealux. if i could mark it higher i would, truly.

TheTeaFairy

Ok now, you have me convinced! But please stop abuse your tea like that, LOL!
Since it’s already in my cupboard, I might try it tonight. It would be great if I liked it, since I was not as impressed by their flavoured tea a I was with their straight teas, which I find pretty amazing so far.

JustJames

now i haven’t tried any of their straight teas…. which would you recommend? and no, i will not stop abusing my teas, lol. i need to know if i can forget about a tea or whether i have to be hyper vigilant!

TheTeaFairy

Sorry for not answering that before, busy week! I don’t really know what your preferences are with unflavoured teas, but here’s my selection:

I have tried only half of the samples I bought last, but so far, I’m impressed and will order more of these:
Jun Shan Yin Zhen (yellow tea), Oh, so very refined!
Black Pearl Sumatra – (you already know why)
Milk Taiwan Oolong – for a naturally processed oolong with no added milk scent or flavouring, it’s pretty incredible how milky this is!
2013 First Flush Rohini Darjeeling: Crisp, bright and sunny, perfect tea for spring time!

Not a huge fan of flavoured pu’erh, so I tried the Aged 5 years Naked Pu’erh, and I really liked it. It’s a good rich and comforting every day pu’erh to have around.

There you have it!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Ok now, you have me convinced! But please stop abuse your tea like that, LOL!

JustJames

TheTeaFairy

Jun Shan Yin Zhen (yellow tea), Oh, so very refined!
Black Pearl Sumatra – (you already know why)

There you have it!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC