much thanks to scribbles for this tea experience!

i really do enjoy puerhs, overall, but this one (to my surprise) was too much for me!

within about 30 seconds of steeping the water in my cup went the colour of coffee and i couldn’t see through the sides of the cup. total steep time was maybe a minute?

very heavy, very dense, heavy stick of caffeine on the tongue. i say this WITH cream in it! as i finished the last few sips i discovered there was an accumulation of syrup about 1/2 centimeter thick at the bottom.

it occurs to me that possibly the cooking process that takes place to form puerh bricks changed the nature of the tea that i usually enjoy so much. this tea company is also very young by my standards, having been established in 2009.

afraid i can’t give much of a taste reference other than the word ‘heavy’…. actually ‘HEAVY’ is more accurate. not sweet. not fruity. no liquor that i could pick up and the nutty flavour that normally accompanies puerhs was also undetectable.

again, not sure if it was the cooking process or the tea quality with one.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC