verdant teas, i am concluding, is quite the most staggering company. so much so that i have joined their tea of the month club…

i had a terrible day today. i’ve been in a cast with nerve damage in my right hand for 6 weeks. i don’t do boredom well. a plumbing problem popped up with our bathtub faucet and, after having read the instructions (or destructions as it were) i felt i could adequately play the part of one armed plumber. this was not the case. after a watery version of a fireworks display erupted in our bathroom and i looked like a drowned punk rat (i have a red and black faux hawk) the household water had to be shut off (not great because we have tenants). the problem was eventually resolved, but i still wasn’t happy. i have had this tea on my shopping list for some time and my first order arrived this monday past. i decided to save it for a day just like today. it was a great decision on my part!

this tea has two layers: the palate and the olfactory. both quite separate and at the same time complimentary.

this is the smoothest black tea i have ever had.

the chocolate element is a dark chocolate as opposed to a sickly sweet milk chocolate, the carob blends seamlessly with the cacao. it imbues a warm welcoming feeling to smell it….

now, tasting it is an entirely separate and unexpected experience. while i was smelling chocolate and wildcrafted black tea, i was tasting a very light floral honey flavour. brilliant.

i felt the pick up of caffeine, but i did not feel it the way i usually do…as a stickiness on the tongue. this tea is smooth, aromatic and light but can also be referred to as robust. this tea rounded off my terrible day very nicely!

thank you verdant teas, you have earned both my money and my devotion.

TheTeaFairy

I think you really needed a good cuppa! Verdant is fabulous, reading this is torture! (I’m out of all verdant supply and anxiously awaiting for my order to arrive!) Both Laoshan green and black are cupboard staples for me.

JustJames

verdant has made me rethink teas into classifications: western tea and eastern tea. they are so purist in their methods and subtle with their flavourings, their tea translates to priviledge to me, lol. teavana and david’s teas are also excellent…. but definitely not (for the most part) purist. what do you think? you know all the companies involved: is there a differentiation between western and eastern tea? the laoshan chocolate had jasmine rice in it as a baseline! i have never seen that.

TheTeaFairy

Well James, if you get me started, I could probably write a dissertation on the subject! I might PM you later and let you know my very humble opinion, it’s an interesting question, just can’t answer that in 2 words :-)

JustJames

a perfectly reasonable reply, lol!

Lily Duckler

Thank you so much for your kind words (though very sorry to hear about your hand!!)

JustJames

ah, there’s a difference between kind words and true words. i am a loyal fan of your brilliant creations….

Comments

TheTeaFairy

JustJames

a perfectly reasonable reply, lol!

Lily Duckler

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC