this tea kicks a**! A HUGE CAPS LOCK THANK YOU TO SCRIBBLES FOR THIS!!!!!

robust, a heavy handed caffeine punch that doesn’t pretend to be something it isn’t but somehow ZERO bitterness. this tea is an unbridled wake up! as well quite the finest assam i’ve ever had.

i will not be sharing this sample. i will be buying more when i’m done.

taking them at their word i steeped conventionally the first time and flagrantly ignored it on the counter the second. awesome both ways. not to mention their marketing amuses me.

Terri HarpLady

Definitely one of my Favs!

JustJames

i do like companies with the confidence to be cheeky, and then have their cheekiness stand up!

TheTeaFairy

Hmmm! Kickin’ unpretentious Assam… right up my alley :-)

Cavocorax

I hope you didn’t already buy it as they have free shipping right now! Free to Canada! :O

JustJames

argh… Cavocorax, you’re totally challenging my tea budget!!!!! lol.

Cavocorax

Hahah. Welcome to Steepster! Where the people are friendly, and completely enabling when it comes to tea-buying.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA…..

Nxtdoor

Step away from the computer!

JustJames

argh…. i spoke with stacy at butiki teas today to che on my order (lovely individual) and she cheerfully informed me that because i’m canadian i can choose 3 free samples. i have been pouring over the butiki website ever since. Nxtdoor… i’m pretty sure you can’t reach me from where you are, lol. and if you could you’d need a few crowbars.

you did read the line about 3 free samples and being canadian, right?

Nxtdoor

I have my own butiki order on the way so feel free to wax poetically about it, wont bother me. Yah, Stacy set the bar pretty high, I’m not sure too many can compete in the customer service dept.

JustJames

every person i have spoken to has raved about stacy’s tea sense, and declared her among the best in the business both in the purist eastern approaches and the western flavoured. i am very excited to sample her skill sets.

how on earth do i choose 3????

Nxtdoor

When I ordered, I paid attention to my first instinct to see if I was torn between two teas. I made one my sample and ordered the other. I also stick to one variety so I’ll pick 6 oolongs to buy, for example, and take a couple more in samples. That way I’m exhausting a pretty good chunk of oolongs. Next time I might do black. And so on. Otherwise, there’s too much and Im just flailing.

JustJames

that approach makes good sense. i was drawn to butiki’s flavours by a bunch of my friends here, so that’s what i want to try first. that and i have zero experience with gyusa. so aside from the jasmine pearls, i’m looking at flavour first. after that i’ll go purist.

Nxtdoor

Dexter3657 gave me a sample of “good morning sunshine” and I liked it. Not sure if it was the flavour that spoke to me or the base. It’d be interesting to see the same flavour with different bases so one can tell what’s what. Whatever you chose, I’m sure it’ll be good.

JustJames

butiki offers a great sampler, a ‘choose your adventure’. i’ve pretty much chosen what i want, then maybe you and i can do an exchange!

Nxtdoor

I’m at the “hoarding butiki” stage but you never know, maybe you and I have opposite tastes and will end up making good swapping partners.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Definitely one of my Favs!

TheTeaFairy

Hmmm! Kickin’ unpretentious Assam… right up my alley :-)

JustJames

argh… Cavocorax, you’re totally challenging my tea budget!!!!! lol.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA…..

Nxtdoor

Step away from the computer!

JustJames

you did read the line about 3 free samples and being canadian, right?

JustJames

how on earth do i choose 3????

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC