thank you stacy for my sample. i have no problem admitting that i chose this sample as a test, lol. pineapple cilantro cream? sounds lovely… but how would one bring such an unusual blend to fruition? understand that my motives came not at all from maliciousness… stacy of butiki teas has been declared the very best in flavoured teas to me. not by one or two of my steepster friends, but by all of them! imagine the skill sets of one woman being the common point of people all over the planet with disparate tea tastes and backgrounds… lovely! thus, as i perused the butiki website trying to narrow my millions of choices down to three i looked not only at the teas that appealed to me, but also for a single one that i felt would be challenging to execute. this is it!

how do you blend a summer flavour like pineapple, most frequently paired with tropical compliments like coconut, with an asian flavour (that i equate with awesome peanut sauce over noodles) like cilantro without tasting like a take out tea from noodle box? a challenge… that ms. lim met head on.

the bai mudan base has no astringency. it is light and sweet and was an inspired choice for this blend. the pineapple is not overpowering and does not have an overripe flavour. interestingly enough it has a vague roasted flavour to it. the cilantro is subtle, but clear… but it has an unexpected effect: it cools the tongue!

this is the truest summer blend i’ve ever tasted. it is refreshing and light without a hint of bitterness or acid.

brilliant….. just think! this was only the first sample, and i haven’t even started into my order proper!

thank you again, stacy!

Cavocorax

I’m happy to see you haven’t been disappointed by the Butiki teas! :)

Cavocorax

(It’s hard sometimes if people are building it up in your head)

JustJames

nope… zero disappointment. and i’m about to have the lychee oolong now. =0)