SORRY FRIENDS! this is a repost. i reviewed a tea by the same name but by a different company… see this is what happens when the weather dishes out excessive heat!

i have been musing over this sample… to review or not to review, that is the question!

okay two statements 1) this is a brilliant tea and 2) i don’t like it.

i know that a lot of steepsters don’t do negative reviews. i am not one of them… that said i really butiki teas, just not all of them apparently. i don’t like the idea of criticizing a company or an artist that i have so much respect for especially when it’s not the skills or the artistry i’m commenting on.

so i resolved that my numerical rating would be based on the tea’s execution as opposed to my personal appreciation of it.

there is a distinct floral component of the tea. ‘bouquet’ is exactly the right word for it… i taste all the layers—it’s not a random floral tone… every flower is independent. the rose is light, as is the calendula, to me the violet is strongest which is awesome! this is a tea that has kept its promise.

why don’t i like it? that’s a bit of an unknown, to be honest. i think it’s because it seems more like flowers than tea in my mouth? i feel similarly about the eight treasures yabao by verdant teas with a ‘good, but…’

it was very well done, just not quite me is all! ‘A’ for accomplishment, ‘D’ for personal taste (it’s not you, it’s me).

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I don’t remember what I said the first time. ;)
uhhh….I tried this tea & haven’t commented about it yet, no because I have a problem saying negative things about teas I don’t care for, but because I’m gonna give it a 2nd try before I say anything. It was something like that…

Terri HarpLady

Oh yeah, & I think I said, “I love this post!”

JustJames

lol, i do believe that was precisely what you said! it is stupidly hot here today…. yay tea! i was thinking of you a few hours ago when i set up my first cold steep!

What did you cold steep?

JustJames

a combination of teavana’s dragonfruit tisane and teavana’s weight to go (i really dislike that name…grr). i’m hoping for the fruit tones with a bit of caffeine punch. it’s a beautiful colour! haven’t tried it yet =0D

Terri HarpLady

I used to do a combo of weight to go (I agree, it’s a ridiculous name) with some fruity flavored brew…it’s been awhile, so I can’t remember what.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I don’t remember what I said the first time. ;)

Terri HarpLady

Oh yeah, & I think I said, “I love this post!”

What did you cold steep?

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC