drank Dragonfruit Devotion by Teavana

this is a great blend BUT this review actually rates the potential it exhibits when mixed with another teavana creation named ‘weight to go’.

today was ridiculously hot. 29 degrees? on vancouver island british columbia? we’re surrounded by ocean, we have ocean currents that are supposed to whisk the heat away! oh, wait, maybe it was the nutty humidity that weighed it down? you’d think we lived in ontario!

rant aside, apparently pervasive miserable heat and a fierce need for tea fuels the machine of invention. it was too hot to drink my conventional mugs today. i did try, i have heard that when the temperature outside soars that a hot cuppa can actually kick your internal homeostatic (today’s big word of the day) mechanisms into high gear. after today i am going to call B.S. on that theory by the way. i quit drinking it hot after two cups going quite red and feeling like i was running a fever.

tea! i wanted tea! wait….. isn’t there a thing called cold steeping? time to try it. so, the kick of and oolong/puerh from ‘weight to go’ (because sweet tea isn’t sweet tea without caffeine) and lots of fruit from ‘dragonfruit devotion’, 8 hours of peeking and sniffing at my experiment…. brewing up my signature simple syrup…. it was an amazing colour! (that had to be a good sign, right?) a brilliant fushia, smelled like strawberries and tropical fruit and flowers… i really hoped my ratio was right. please let me detect the caffeine? please? (alot please).

i am pleased to announce IT WAS AWESOME! and hugely refreshing. i am very refreshed and a tad bit proud… okay, maybe a smidge more than a tad, lol. not bad for a first attempt!

Iced 8 min or more
JustJames

yes, i thought of you terri as i sipped away! i experimented with my simple syrup as well and added a golden cake of palm sugar to to the concoction. lovely, lovely.

I feel honored :)
How do you like being the star of the frozen dashboard? LOL!

JustJames

it’s pesky, isn’t it? wonder what the glitch is?

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, but at least we can still post tasting notes & read them!
I’m so glad to have discovered the Explore button.
I really hate it when the dashboard freezes & you can’t post either, but that’s what led me to using the Discussions.

Comments

JustJames

I feel honored :)
How do you like being the star of the frozen dashboard? LOL!

JustJames

it’s pesky, isn’t it? wonder what the glitch is?

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, but at least we can still post tasting notes & read them!
I’m so glad to have discovered the Explore button.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC