drank Apricot Guayusa by Butiki Teas

i find myself in unfamiliar territory. i am trying to sort out guayasa.

i’m not sure if i like it or not, thus i will suspend a numerical rating.

the smell is excellent. the visual with the fluffy saffron coloured bits of calendula curled over the chips of guayasa is very cool. the caffeine absorption is nice and smooth, not a rush and i’m not predicting a crash. BUT… i am detecting a twang. it’s the twang that’s throwing me off. i got it with the killer’s vanilla as well… but there were stronger flavours involved.

hmmm.

Bonnie

My favorite use is cooking with it. I brew it and add to pancake batter or make complex butter.

JustJames

ooh! now there’s an idea (because i’m not much enjoying drinking it). thanks for the idea!

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried Guayusa yet. I’m not sure that it appeals to me

JustJames

i really like the idea… but the twang i get is very marine and i find it odd with fruit.

Bonnie

Steep it lighter and less leaf. Play with it a bit. My preference is the more citrus flavor which seems creamy and perks up pancakes enhancing the grain while adding richness.

Comments

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried Guayusa yet. I’m not sure that it appeals to me

Bonnie

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (

everywhere