my first verdant tea of the month club package came! okay, i even kept notes this time! (it’s a new level of organization for me, lol).

Celtic knots spill out of the bag.

Warm smell similar to roasted chestnuts mixed with pipe tobacco

No bitterness, no stick, very smooth

Light marine taste, but less seaweed and more sea wind.

Mellow in its evolution, but not lacking in personality.

Warm, golden, a sweet pipe tobacco tone but without the smoke.

Makes me think of a roasted green… unexpected, but brilliant.

Caramel notes

Added cream to my second cup— that was when the citrus tones came out. i hadn’t tasted them until then. almost has an echo that makes me think it should curdle.

brilliant with a simple syrup added!

Bonnie

You took the steps I’ve taken with tea reviews. I always imagined the ways other people would drink tea…plain, with cream then sweetened. Most often I end up adding a little something but not always. Depends. Always starting plain though out of respect for the tea leaves!

JustJames

lovely high praise from you, miss bonnie… seeing as you have been studying tea far longer than i have! this was a one-of-a-kind tea. a roasted sweet green is a good metaphor for it!

Comments

Bonnie

JustJames

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (

everywhere