okay, it’s not verdant or butiki, but this tea surprised me! first, i never would have guessed it was an oolong. very sweet all on it’s own so my standard bit of sugar tipped it rather over the edge, lol.

the champagne part comes from champagne grapes, the rose is just the right strength and the strawberry is very light but still noticeable! although i didn’t i’m sure it would be fine with cream. it’s almost juice-like. very perfumed, but with a taste backing it.

very western in its style, but that not a bad thing. there’s even a bit of bubble that comes with it…. not bad!

UPDATE: and apparently it’s a good thing i have my receipt… i always figured it was the bubbles that made me feel like i was part blowfish… apparently not! apparently it’s the grapes. glad i didn’t eat too much at dinner or i wouldn’t fit my trousers!

OMGsrsly

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

JustJames

seriously! me and my damned sensitivities!!!! well, at least i know the cause now. i knew auto immune bred allergies, but this is just dumb. (grrr)

I hate when that happens :(

JustJames

it’s getting to the point where it’s easier to list what i’m not allergic/sensitive to than what i am. however, at least it’s not a lethal allergy…. just an ’i’m not going out because i don’t fit my clothes sensitivity.

ashmanra

Aren’t grapes and raisins lumped in with almonds for containing salicylates? My godson is somewhat sensitive and is supposed to limit his exposure to all of those. Hope you feel better!

Terri HarpLady

Most often dried fruits are treated with sulfites to help maintain their color. They are also often dipped in sugar, or sometimes soaked in sugar water for awhile before dehydrating, to help maintain a certain density/juiciness. Also, alot of flavored teas are flavored artificially (& who knows what with). With all my issues with various foods & chemicals, that’s all the more reason that I prefer straight out full leaf teas, although I will give something a try once in awhile. I loved the name of this one, & it looked real pretty, but when I took a whiff of the aroma, it was, “No.” :)

JustJames

i THOUGHT teavana had to list anything artificial AND that artificial was never chemical, but rather something not occurring in nature. i will have to research this. if what you have said is true then i will not shop there anymore because i felt rotten all night. LOL although i do like some of the girls there and am heading back with my defunct teas….. but as i have mentioned previously, i am a bad, bad man. i am sharing some of my samples from verdant LMAO. let’s teach them about real tea!

Terri HarpLady

Don’t quote me, because I don’t know for sure about Teavana. Most of their flavored teas just don’t appeal to me, although for awhile I really LOVED their Peach Tranquility. Last time I visited, they didn’t have any.

JustJames

my wife loves that tea. i grabbed their peachberry sutra and it’s going back too…. i don’t taste any tea! if i wanted juice i would get some fresh squeezed orange juice.

OMGsrsly

According to someone who works there, the ones with natural flavours are: Wild orange Wulong and Wild orange blossom.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

I hate when that happens :(

ashmanra

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC