drank Fig Rose by Teavana

i love figs, i love rose in tea… when i was at teavana today i was given a coupon for an iced tea… just one dollar. sure! it had been a long, errand filled day. i could do with a tea. and this was the one i chose.

something was wrong. and i said so. ‘i taste a cake type base (but not the yummy kind)’. the sales people were surprised and scurried to read the tin. ‘well, the figs are coated in rice flour so they hold their shape, but it’s only a little.’ well some things may be small in amount but large in effect!

the balance was off and i kept feeling as though i were eating a tart fruit stir fry over rice. i am heartbroken on behalf of the figs!

this is a first real failure on teavana’s behalf for me.

Aimee Popovacki

see i liked that one… kind of… but the more i drank it the more turned off i was from it… i got the same cakey taste.

scribbles

When I first smelled this in the store I thought it did not smell very good, but I kinda like it. I would re-purchase, but have too many other tea’s….

JustJames

the first sips i liked, but the cake wasn’t a sweet puerh like taste i was getting… i was just starch, it wasn’t complimentary at all. but same timeline as you Aimee Popovacki.

Aimee Popovacki

yeah.. I definitely liked it when I smelled it, and liked probably my first cup.. I found it wasn’t so bad cold steeped… but that takes a lot of time, and then if you forget and leave it too long I suspect it will have that cakey taste.

Comments

Aimee Popovacki

scribbles

JustJames

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC