this is the most hysterically ridiculous tea!! (in the very best way possible).

i have biases against bananas, nuts in baking and orange peel that has dug into the pith placed in tea… but unlike many i have nothing against jello. it was an awesome dessert when i was a kid… i remember being lectured as i tried to taste it while i was stirring.

‘no james, see the powder at the bottom? it isn’t dissolved yet.’ and later ‘no james, see? it’s still soup— it has to stay in the fridge longer. you know i can still see you, right? put it down!… … don’t make me count to three…’ (invariably i wound up in my room).

jello evolved into salad mixed with whipped cream when i was a teen, and later still jello shots… now we entertain our teenagers by stabbing vanilla cake with a fork and pouring jello over top, finishing it up by covering the whole chilled mess with cool whip (we encourage healthy eating in our house? lol).

this tea is all of those things, AND it makes me smile. it caught me offguard. i swear i’m eating jello, and my mother is back to lecturing me for sipping it out of a mug. it meets my flavoured tea requirement of still being able to taste tea within the inventive flavoured convection. the green tea is definitely there and perfectly balanced with the other ingredients there.

in conclusion: dammit, i’m going to have to review my profile and list this vendor in amongst my favourites (it seems i’m constantly editing)!!! very nicely done 52teas. and a ginormous thank you to CHAroma for the boxful of samples from this company.

my only sad note is that it’s a one hit wonder, or in other words the first steep is awesome, but the second it becomes a shadow of its former self. STILL! this is a win. can’t wait to try the rest.

momo

this gives me all sorts of nostalgia too, that’s why I love it.

JustJames

i just cackled as i sipped. my wife thought i’d cracked, lol.

Cavocorax

Great review! Also vanilla cake with jello in it? Sounds interesting… I really want some jello now.

JustJames

yup, then shove it in the fridge for a few hours and cover it with stuff (cool whip is easy… sweet cream is healthier)…. =0)

OMGsrsly

I love jello cake! And I’m also one of those weirdos who drinks hot liquid jello. Yep. :)

JustJames

ahhhhh, it’s nice to have friends with similar habits. =0)

CHAroma

Muahahahaha!!! Success!!! I knew I’d convert you. ;)

JustJames

converted i am! just one i dislike so far… graveyard mist. blech! thank you again for my awesome box! has yours arrived yet?

CHAroma

I just got it yesterday, and I’m so excited!! Thank you!! (Graveyard Mist was really popular, but I didn’t particularly like it either.)

JustJames

sorry it took so long! let me know what you like/don’t like!

CHAroma

No worries! You can’t control the postal system. I’ll definitely write tasting notes for all of them! Probably starting with the Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha. :D

Comments

momo

this gives me all sorts of nostalgia too, that’s why I love it.

JustJames

i just cackled as i sipped. my wife thought i’d cracked, lol.

Cavocorax

OMGsrsly

JustJames

ahhhhh, it’s nice to have friends with similar habits. =0)

CHAroma

Muahahahaha!!! Success!!! I knew I’d convert you. ;)

JustJames

sorry it took so long! let me know what you like/don’t like!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC