thank you to angel for this sample.

jasmine is a favourite of mine… not just the tea, but also the flowers that climb, their scent wending its way in through windows echoing the motion of the vines. jasmine has an interesting caffeine effect i find… i can drink it anytime without fear that it will keep me awake so it has become a lovely warm nighttime beverage.

to be honest i think the most striking aspect of this tea is that it unrolls… as an artisan tea, the pearls meet the requirements nicely. each ball is reminiscent of fiddlehead ferns as it uncurls. aside from that though it’s a nice jasmine, but it doesn’t stand out remarkably aside from that. nice, but not something i would pay shipping for.

ashmanra

Did you use the parameters listed there? 195F for five minutes is waaaaaay more than I give this one. I wonder if you would like it better at 175F for three? I actually prefer the cheaper premium pearls they sell to this one, though I like both. Their Jasmine Silver Needle is aaaaaawwwwwesome!

JustJames

i did try it both ways; their way and mine. i preferred mine. tbh flavourwise i thought it was about on par with the boxes of stash jasmine my wife takes to work. the unfurling is a whole different ball game…. a lovely thing indeed to watch. sadly, the taste didn’t follow the visual for me.

JustJames

fair or not i compare everything to verdant teas yunnan white jasmine which is the most astonishing i’ve ever had.

Comments

ashmanra

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC