drank Green Dragon by Silk Road

i was out snagging some of silk road’s teas for swaps (they’re local and awesome) and grabbed this one for myself.

i didn’t know how it was going to work— puerh carries a warmth for me, while mint really does not. i couldn’t see that it would work halfway: it would either succeed or fail. success!

very nicely balanced between the warmth of the puerh and the cool crispness of the mint. Very simple. Lovely before bed. Yields a very deep green just a few seconds after the steep begins. It can be resteeped over and over using very little (3/4 tsp for a 16 oz cup with punch). Very smooth, very crisp, no caffeine stick. The soothing effect of a herbal with the longevity of a puerh!

on a completely separate note…. man did i miss steepster! i don’t do facebook or any other social media sites… just this one. it felt awful being cut off!!!

Fjellrev

I ALMOST purchased this one the other day but walked out empty-handed. I missed Steepster too! Just seems like it’s still a little dead here though.

JustJames

agreed on the deadness factor… but it’s summer and being cut off from the place you love means seeking other distractions. then once it’s up again you can stay inadvertently distracted. this tea was awesome. and for what… 3.99$??? i can tons of it because it goes so far! an awesome purchase for sure. and i’m totally planning on buying more.

OMGsrsly

I don’t generally do mint, but that sounds so intriguing!

it really is lovely.

Fjellrev

ZOMGsrsly (sorry, can’t resist…), if I can come down to Vancouver next month, I’ll be sure to pick some of this up and give you some to try. :)

Actually, Baroness are coming at the beginning of September so I’ll definitely be there by then.

OMGsrsly

Oh, that would be lovely! And then you can FINALLY get your tea! :)

JustJames

aw, i want to come! well, oversteep, cream and sugar for me in my absence, lol.

Fjellrev

Haha well if you like metal, then you’re more than welcome to come join me! Concerts give me an excuse to ferry over there. :p

JustJames

i do like metal… who’s playing?

Fjellrev

Baroness. They’re playing on September 4th at Venue. If you haven’t heard them, check out the Blue album, but they’re all fabulous.

Comments

Fjellrev

OMGsrsly

I don’t generally do mint, but that sounds so intriguing!

it really is lovely.

OMGsrsly

Oh, that would be lovely! And then you can FINALLY get your tea! :)

JustJames

aw, i want to come! well, oversteep, cream and sugar for me in my absence, lol.

JustJames

i do like metal… who’s playing?

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC