how could this not be in the database? i am dumbstruck.

i got a great tea of the month club coupon which gave me 15% off anything i ordered. happy day! and this was one of the new teas i chose.

surprise, surprise— it’s great! i don’t think i’ve ever had holy basil before, but this is a light cinnamon medium bodied puerh that has beautifully balanced fruit and spice notes worked in. while it is a cinnamon puerh, it’s nothing at all like steap shoppe’s cinnamon swirl bread. puerh fills in the bread role in steap shoppe’s blend, whereas in this one it is a pure puerh note (i’m not being critical of either… i think both are awesome!) the goji gives the fruit note a very original berry taste… not one i’ve ever found before. it also adds to the colour lent to the steep by all the cinnamon. looks beautiful and smells great dry.

affiliated words: comforting, soothing, energizing (the caffeine), balanced, light.

my only sad note is that it doesn’t resteep particularly well unlike the rest of verdant teas, but still well worth it. lovely!

Fjellrev

Good job on the savings!

JustJames

i felt it justified the expenditure, lol!

Stephanie

Holy basil definitely would add a spicy note …cool!

Terri HarpLady

I also took advantage of the coupon, & I have a sample of this & a few other things on the way.

JustJames

i grabbed the 2002 puerh, the laoshan chai and the bergamot laoshan rose along with this blend….

OMGsrsly

I really want to try this one. :)

JustJames

i’m willing to share. didn’t i have another tea you wanted? the scottish toffee something or other? lol.

OMGsrsly

Oh yeah, I think so! I’m working on getting enough Verdant points to get $10 off an order. heh. Looks like people aren’t making it to and from Victoria as often as planned, so tea swapping is taking a while.

JustJames

i’m willing to mail, and i have no problem with a one way… tea is like happiness… you share it. =0)

OMGsrsly

Well, if there’s anything I have you’d like to try, let me know. :) I’ve been trying to save tiny boxes for mailing and swapping.

Comments

Fjellrev

Good job on the savings!

JustJames

i felt it justified the expenditure, lol!

Stephanie

Holy basil definitely would add a spicy note …cool!

Terri HarpLady

OMGsrsly

I really want to try this one. :)

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC