drank Warm Apple Pie by sTEAp Shoppe

there are all kinds of apple pies. the kind you buy at walmart, the kind you get at a restaurant with a crumble topping, the kind you buy in a fancy bakery that’s teeny and costs more than a month of groceries… this blend actually reminds me of a tarte tatin that i make: light and fresh, a strong apple flavour, a light caramel.

however, that’s where the comparison ends. i think this tea has significant potential. it’s ALMOST there. i don’t get as much of a commitment from the spices as i’d like. the ingredient list says there’s allspice in there, but it’s a very hesitant component.

nitty gritty: do i like this tea? sortof. i really like what it could become. the apple component is strong and light. granny smith in its brightness. there is an element of caramel. so the pie filling is there… the spices could be stronger which would, in my opinion, improve the blend.

flip side: i don’t get any elements of pastry, and i do get an odd mottled element that i’m having a hard time identifying which i feel challenges the accomplishments of the blend. i really do think this tea could be brilliant, it just needs a bit more work.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC