drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

this was a sample stacy included in my order… and i find myself wondering (not for the first time) whether or not she keeps a spreadsheet on her customers, lol! i imagine her perched late at night, working on excel!!!

tamarind… what was a tamarind anyway? i envisioned something citrusey, something with a rind as in the name. NOPE! it was actually named for the monkey the tamarin. (seems kindof obvious now)… i don’t know what i was expecting. i mean the name was weird, i sniffed it— meh? so left it for last. i swear, this is how it goes every single time.

aside from a funky indian date pod from a leguminous tree originating in africa (so says dr. wikipedia) what would this blend be? incredible.

i try really hard not to read about what i’m drinking beforehand, but honestly i don’t think i would have believed it as i sipped. caramel (which i only ever seem to detect when it’s butiki) pears? with an echo of orange. very smooth… not pears. an asian pear? fried?a fried asian pear that had been lightly brushed with orange. no kumkuat. no mango. what the hell! stacy does this to me ALL THE TIME! lol.

never tasted anything like it. added a tiny amount of agave syrup, but i didn’t really need to. i will definitely buy more…. very decadent, very smooth, truly exotic. inspired by tamarins and an african date tree with pods…. excellent.

Terri HarpLady

I guess I’m gonna have to give this one a try, lol.

Bonnie

If you like the flavor of tamarind,you can find the paste in Asian markets and tamarind sweets and soda pop in Hispanic Markets. Used in Indian recipes. Very common in cuisine in the diverse San Francisco Bay Area where I used to live.

OMGsrsly

Tamarind candies are awesome. If you make it to Granville Island, the Asian foods shop across the aisle from the tea ship sometimes has fresh tamarind. :)

JustJames

…tea.ship… across from…. sorry OMGsrsly you lost me at tea ship. tamarind is awesome. will have to look into it further!

OMGsrsly

Haha! Tea shOp, not ship! Oops. :)

Bonnie

Let’s all take a cruise on the Tea Ship! Who’s Gilligan?

i could be gilligan! =0)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I guess I’m gonna have to give this one a try, lol.

OMGsrsly

Haha! Tea shOp, not ship! Oops. :)

Bonnie

Let’s all take a cruise on the Tea Ship! Who’s Gilligan?

i could be gilligan! =0)

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC