hmmm. bluberries i get, and a warm something….. is it cake though? no, not in this steep. i will try again, i do have enough in my lovely sample thanks to ShortSorceress.

this is definitely not the worst tea i’ve had. it’s not even bad…. i’m finding myself wishing for more commitment to the blend. i have the blueberries, but not strongly enough. and i’m not getting any of the spices incorporated for the crumb cake at all. blueberry-ish + a vague warmth does not a blueberry crumble make.

i will resteep. maybe a cold steep? however, i will at this point admit something uncomfortable: david’s teas ‘blueberry jam’ was infinitely better right out of the starting gate. i’m not a fan of david’s for the most part— i have food allergies and i don’t find them trustworthy. but ‘blueberry jam’ is a tea that i adore and that this one doesn’t even compare to.

i will review my number after another steep, but at the moment it reflects the fact that i had expected a great deal more than i got.

caile

It must be hard picking out teas sometimes while having allergies. Do you worry of cross-contamination of teas or just the additions/flavouring of the teas themselves?

JustJames

i don’t buy unless i trust the company to list ingredients consistently (which david’s does not which is why i don’t buy there anymore). this issue is how steepster came to my attention, actually! i began looking for reviews /ingredients list and i kept getting routed here, lol. i made friends, whom i trust, i became friends with some vendore on here, whom i also trust… now if i have an ingredients problem i have recourse and am not quiet about it (ask anyone, lol). i trust the information i find on here.

caile

That’s interesting about davids. I found steepster in a similar way although it was researching teavana, and found most links came to here as well! This really seems like the best place to be for all tea lovers.

Short Sorceress

It reminds me more of blueberry pancakes than blueberry crumble, but thats ok with me. This is my new go-to tea for our pancake breakfast every other week. I haven’t tried cold steeping this yet, but I should, I don’t know why I never thought about it.

Comments

caile

JustJames

Short Sorceress

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC