the first thing i thought when spied this blend was ’it’s sticky!’ with great zeal. the last blend i sampled with this degree stick was steap shoppe’s cinnamon swirl bread (which is awesome).

i have been known to cook, also to bake… if you like to eat good stuff then it’s a good plan in my mind to know how to make it! when i make pineapple upside down cake the healthy presence of a fruit is secondary… the pineapple’s primary function is an unexplainable reaction with butter and brown sugar to create a lightly other-than-orange citrusy caramel which happily gets stuck to everything. don’t get me wrong, i eat plain avocados in droves and would eat sushi everyday if my budget could support it… but sometimes i just wanna be bad. and seeing as my cholesterol is perfect and my blood pressure is ideal i really don’t see the harm.

the blend was gummy, and i had high hopes: could it be a tea version of my sticky cake recipe? could it, could it? i hoped so! ShortSorceress was so kind by sharing, i had such high expectations… i could smell the pineapply caramel.

i sipped. ‘come to papa!’

it wasn’t the way it smelled! that’s not only unfair, it’s false advertising!!! i was bitter.

that was several days ago. i closed the bag back up and have been stalking around it grumbling. should i try it again? what if i got my hopes dashed for a second time? i have determined i will try again… i have enough for one more go. thusly i will forestall rating….

pineapple upside down cake, round II, let’s go……

ROUND II: with half the water and twice the recommended leaf i got the tea i had been expecting the first time around: distict tangy caramel, billowing clouds of candied pineapple steam and the much coveted detectable cake base.

oh yes… this could be sold at a bake sale. very nice! and after the success of round two i will numerify! well worth the second effort.