okay, this is the second go round with this one because the first one was such a miserable failure that it didn’t seem right to review.

after following teavivre’s instructions to the letter i find i still don’t like this tea. it is exceptionally strong with a heavy caffeine stick, strong versus robust. i don’t know if it’s keemun in general (i haven’t had many) or this one in particular, but it isn’t working well for me.

TeaVivre

Hi James
We appreciate you can leave a feedback of our teas. But very sorry that our Organic Superfine Keemun Fragrant Black Tea is not your favorite flavor.

May I know what recommended method you referenced for brewing the tea, Chinese gongfu method (with gaiwan) or western method (with teapot or glass)? We have tested again the recommended brewing method for Organic Superfine Keemun Fragrant Black Tea on our site, and found that if doing exactly the same as the recommended method, the tea will indeed taste much stronger.

So we adjusted the time of each steep in Chinese Gongfu way as following:

3rd steep: 7 seconds;
4th steep: 15 seconds;
5th steep: 30 seconds;
6th steep: 40 seconds.

The result is that the tea’s flavor was then normal, delicate and fragrant. We suggest you can try again with the tea in this adjusted brewing method, and see if you like its “new” flavor. We will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance for your time and for your valuable feedback.

Comments

TeaVivre

Hi James

3rd steep: 7 seconds;
4th steep: 15 seconds;
5th steep: 30 seconds;
6th steep: 40 seconds.

Thank you in advance for your time and for your valuable feedback.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC