drank Vanilla Plantation by Silk Road

snagged this one the other day at the grocery store (one of the perks of living 10 minutes away from the main store downtown… you can find it at the grocery store!!!).

anyway, this blend started me on a vanilla kick; comparing and contrasting…. except i only had the one (therein a problem lies, lol). for all of my grouchiness towards david’s teas and their ingredients listing policies i do like to give vendors a chance to get better and evolve— my opinions aren’t set in stone. so i grabbed two vanilla teas from there to compare to this one in the next little while.

vanilla plantation is absolutely vanilla, a warm vanilla wafts out when the tin is opened. however, while it is smooth and cleanly executed (seriously, i don’t think silk road is capable of anything harsh) vanilla is not the only thing i get from this blend. to me the warmth of the smell plus some interaction between the tea and the vanilla pieces i actually get more of a buttercream essence! not unpleasant, but not strictly vanilla either.

CrowKettle

I really like this one, as a simple evening tea. :)

JustJames

agreed… this one was my goodnight tea last night. wonder what it would be like cold steeped….? hmmm!

CrowKettle

I haven’t tried this cold steeped yet, either. In store, I think I did try this (or possibly London Fog) as a soy latte slush, and it was fantastic!

Comments

CrowKettle

I really like this one, as a simple evening tea. :)

JustJames

CrowKettle

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (

everywhere