dear tao tea leaf,

i know that i reviewed this tea just last week but felt i should review it again as i am sipping my last cup.

the sample (which now sits damp and wilted in my tea basket) was kindly shipped to me by my friend scribbles. i do love this blend of yours. i love it so much that i actually dislike the name because it’s so banal!

i have no idea if scribbles is in your employ, but if she isn’t i really think you should consider it because i placed my first order with you last night as a direct result of her actions. at the very least she should get a kickback… or a friends and family discount…. maybe you could hire her as a blend sampler!

all because she sent me a sample of this tea. it wasn’t even from a swap…. it was just because she’s awesome… and while ordering more of this tea i stumbled over a bunch of other stuff i wanted to try and noticed that shipping was free in canada if i bought 35$ worth (which i did…. because it seemed sensible).

…… so yeah, scribbles really should get a discount. in my opinion. btw, has my order shipped yet?

sincerely,

Dexter

LOL Great letter James. I’m seriously thinking about another Tao order, but waiting until they get their new website up and running. I think they have more teas than what is currently on their site. Can’t wait to see what else they have. (My order shipped the day after being placed, I got an email from Tao with a tracking number – am sure yours will ship soon).

scribbles

So sorry haven’t been around. I wish I was in Tao’s employ…free tea?! Alas, I am in same position as you JustJames and Dexter3657…I pay for my tea purchases from them.

scribbles

Perhaps I should show Tao this note…discount?? Heh, heh. Seriously, am glad you enjoy their teas. I have yet to review this one, but have been drinking and very much enjoying it. Hoping for speedy delivery for your order! :)

Indigobloom

Hmmm I know Tao, he is an awesome person. And I’m friends with a girl who works there.
You two should join the Tea Guild of Canada. Our next meeting is in Sept.
You also get a discount at a bunch of Toronto based tea retailers in the area, asides from the seminars :)

Dexter

Scribbles – I know you have to pay like the rest of us :)) but you get to GO to the store, the whole experience. I would love to be able to visit the store. We don’t have anything near as fun as that here.
Indigobloom If I lived near there I would be there, unless there is a Tea Guild of Canada chapter near here – I don’t think so but will have to look.

scribbles

Tea Guild of Canada?? Thanks for notice Indigobloom…I’ll look into that.

Indigobloom

Oh eeps sorry I didn’t realizeyou were in Manitoba!
Scribbles, I hope to see you there! would be awesome to have another Toronto tea fan to chat with :D

JustJames

SO UNFAIR!!!! i’m in bc! even further than manitoba.

Dexter

James can I ask what you ordered?

JustJames

i got these: Imperial Pu-er Classic(Shou)
Rose Congou
Golden Needle
Lapsang Souchong-New Style
Gunpowder Green Tea

i really wanted to try the 55$ puerh that samples at 11$ per 5 grams, and i almost grabbed the purple puerh sample(again a tad expensive), but i’m happy with these. 3 new ones and 2 i know and love. =0)

Dexter

Thank you. Looks like a great order. I did get the purple pu’erh but haven’t tried it yet. They have so many interesting teas.

JustJames

i haven’t gotten an email notice of shipping…. are we there yet? lol.

Indigobloom

Hmmm you know what, the way it started out in Toronto was just as a way for the Tea Sommelier certificate graduates (from George Brown) to have a way that they can keep in touch and continue learning etc.
I don’t see why someone wouldn’t be allowed to start up their own in your area. I mean, ours is super casual. Not fancy at all.

Dexter

I don’t understand why it’s called Tea Guild of CANADA if it’s only in Toronto. It should be called Tea Guild of GTA.

JustJames

dexter makes a good point… at least if it’s going to be the tea guild of canada everyone should be in black tie, lol.

Indigobloom

haha I’ll have to ask them about that one day.

Comments

Dexter

Indigobloom

You two should join the Tea Guild of Canada. Our next meeting is in Sept.

scribbles

Tea Guild of Canada?? Thanks for notice Indigobloom…I’ll look into that.

Indigobloom

Oh eeps sorry I didn’t realizeyou were in Manitoba!

JustJames

SO UNFAIR!!!! i’m in bc! even further than manitoba.

Dexter

James can I ask what you ordered?

JustJames

i got these: Imperial Pu-er Classic(Shou)
Rose Congou
Golden Needle
Lapsang Souchong-New Style
Gunpowder Green Tea

JustJames

i haven’t gotten an email notice of shipping…. are we there yet? lol.

Indigobloom

haha I’ll have to ask them about that one day.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC