hmmm, the ever diligent angel contacted me the other day having noticed my low initial review of this tea. she politely offered some suggestions for steeping differently than i had. let me emphasize that in no way was she pushy or inappropriate— she is a woman passionate about tea and teavivre and so customers, reviewers and their opinions are important to her.

i agreed to resteep… it’s hard to refuse when someone asks so politely. honestly, the first go round was so bad that i really wasn’t expecting to like the tea regardless of the advice, but i was wrong.

1.5 tspns for 16 oz tea cup steeped for a hair short of 90 seconds (it was getting rather dark and i wanted to err on the side of caution).

what did i get? a light tasting, non caffeine stick tea reminiscent of a fruit/wood mix. not oak though… more like the light scent of balsa wood crossed with a just-left-the-room sandalwood. truly lovely!

thank you so much angel for your expertise.

i am happy to re-rate… (and yes, ultimately i will buy).

Terri HarpLady

I really like this one, & have some on the way. :)

JustJames

i would go so far as to say it may be a classic in the making. and, um, i believe my september budget is spoken for and i am booking for october now, lol!

ashmanra

I just got my order of this a few weeks ago, and I really enjoy it! I do steep a little tiny bit longer than they suggest, but I like it that way.

caile

I think this will be one of the samples I’ll be getting from Angel and I’m looking forward to trying them finally – I’ll have to try brewing this way.

JustJames

it was when i was doing MY standard steep that it all went so horribly wrong. i think it was 4 or 5 minutes, and 1.5 tablespoons.

TeaVivre

Thanks for your lovely review,it’s useful and can let me know different feedback of our teas.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I really like this one, & have some on the way. :)

ashmanra

caile

TeaVivre

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC