today has been an ysaurella day. i rooted about in the magical envelope she sent me…. and pulled out the myrtille sauvage blend.

i ran the kettle, i measured the tea, i added the water, set the timer and walked away. suddenly i heard edith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU from the kitchen. she was wearing an old fashioned apron and chasing me about with an oversized wooden spoon!

‘sortez vous de ma cuisine!’ she shrieked…. it’s not like i had much choice! i knew that if that spoon connected it would pack quite a whallop.

i ducked behind the couch and spied covertly. she crashed through the disorganization that is our kitchen.
’we’re renovating,’ i called out in justification of the mess.

it was a mistake, i had interrupted again. a serving fork flew narrowly missing my head.

i smelled jam. jam? i was tempted to look but was still vaguely terrified.

bluberries, but not only. i smelled raspberries? maybe huckleberries? and then cookies?? i took a chance and poked my head up silently. sugar cookies! ysaurella had packed edith piaf in an envelope and sent her to make jam and cookies in our disorganized kitchen? that’s a lady with connections!

edith elegantly placed a cookie on a plate, spooned the warm jam over top and put it next to my steeping tea.

following my nose i found the plate gone, but my jam covered cookie happily steeped in my tea cup.

a refrain called out to me very distantly and i barked laughter, ‘non, je regrette rien…’

Ysaurella

I love this one, it was a nice surprise to me to love it so much with these natural notes of blueberry. Glad you liked it too !
Regarding Edith…if she had been in my kitchen, I would never approach ! not because I am afraid of ghosts…but I try not to say that too loud…but I just can’t beat her voice…I know I know this is a sacrilege ! especially for a French but …she was a great talent but I just find her voice awful to my ears !

Ysaurella

well I am wondering now… did you loved it or just respected it ?

JustJames

the first time i heard edith was when i lived in france. it was ‘milord’ over the radio while i had my eyes squeezed closed whizzing around the arc de triomph (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BliGIPQ_KHc) at 65 kph. although she isn’t my favourite performer, she will always represent to me that day and, in a lot of ways, france! i heard her everywhere!

lol, i truly loved this tea. i have been craving blueberry teas for months now. i will send you a sample of the only one i’ve found here.

i loved the fact that while the blueberry tasted ripe there was still a fresh green element to it…. it tasted very much like fresh jam poured over sugar cookies to me.

Comments

Ysaurella

Ysaurella

well I am wondering now… did you loved it or just respected it ?

JustJames

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC