drank Nosy Bey by Dammann Freres

of the lovely samples that the indomitable ysaurella sent me, thus far this one has been my least favourite. i didn’t get the expected flavour…. but apparently my son did!

he’s become quite the loose leaf afficionado and will often swagger in and walk off with my mug of tea (!!!) or pull dramatic faces declaring that it tastes off. my wife sips her coffee and laughs.

with this particular cup he piped up:‘is the tea from france here yet? is that it?’ and he slurped some up, going on and on about how perfect it was. lol.

not quite my cup of tea… but absolutely our 14 year old’s!

i have enough for another cup, but honestly, i think it will vanish before i can try my hand at it again… blake was that big a fan!

Ysaurella

hummmm sounds weird you didn’t get the aromas for this one really, it is very perfumed, a refined peach and vanilla, a very sweet and mellow tea.
If some remains you can try it at 95°C or even boiling anyway I’m happy your son loved it !

JustJames

hmmmm, no i didn’t get vanilla or peach….. strange. i do have a bit left— hotter you say?

gmathis

Glad you have tea drinking company at home!

JustJames

indeed! my daughter is the one that came home with teavana and david’s teas menus, and my son and i were the ones that latched on! it’s remarkable to me the differences between our tastes too… i don’t know if it’s an age thing? an individual thing? he cannot abide verdant’s laoshan black, i cannot abide pekoe tasting teas, each which the other loves! lol. in any case, if you can find something with family to bond over then that’s a grand thing =0)

Ysaurella

yep try it hotter it may help beacuse that’s really weird you don’t get the vanilla and peach except if the sample has been corrupted by others or arrived opened.

Comments

Ysaurella

gmathis

Glad you have tea drinking company at home!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC