drank Violette by Dammann Freres

this sample was a bittersweet gift from ysaurella.

my grandmother was the dearest person in my life. i remember being a very little boy staring at a bowl of purple sculptures on the glass table in the livingroom— tiny, delicate…. she popped one into my mouth! light, perfumed, crunchy and sweet. the flavour of violets will always make me think of her.

she died almost two years ago, and i will always miss her. finding bits and pieces that take me back to snapshots of memory is something significant to me. this tea is a direct link to her: not because she’d like it, lol! she was a purist tea-wise… assam, unflavoured, no sugar. in a pinch, lady grey. but we’re talking about my memories here!

lovely. and i must have some.

ysaurella, thank you so much.

candied violets, perfectly captured. seamlessly executed.

Aimee Popovacki

davids sugar and spice reminds me of my croatian grandma who passed four years ago now.. she always had gingerbread lebkuchen cookies.. and it reminds me so much of christmas time and eating them in her kitchen! its lovely :)

JustJames

isn’t it amazing how scent and taste can give us a piece of the past? i haven’t even checked how much it costs…. doesn’t matter. it will be in my cupboard…. FOR christmas. i’ll have a cup of this blend and something with marzipan and smile nostaligically.

Terri HarpLady

Anything with Roses reminds me of my gramma, because she always smelled like them.

JustJames

i think that grandmothers must be very special creatures… they stay with us even after they are gone.

Ysaurella

for sure Grandmas are exceptional, I miss mine so much.
I’am happy you liked this one so much, this is clearly a blend linked to childhood.
I prefer it plain but you can even add some milk to it, it works as well.

JustJames

lol, i did a resteep with milk….. much better without!!!

CelebriTEA

What a beautiful tribute ♡

Comments

Aimee Popovacki

Terri HarpLady

Ysaurella

for sure Grandmas are exceptional, I miss mine so much.
I prefer it plain but you can even add some milk to it, it works as well.

JustJames

lol, i did a resteep with milk….. much better without!!!

CelebriTEA

What a beautiful tribute ♡

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC