drank Mandalay by Mariage Frères

what a dramatic day! i got 90% on my first heavy assignment (yay) and the touchscreen laptop provided to me by the province YESTERDAY died tonight! needless to say i am thinking all sorts of words that i can’t say here, lol. although it was warranted for every single eventuality….. i just really really hope i have by monday for school.

the tea! first time round was very ‘meh’, which surprised me. mariage freres is really not affiliated with that colloquialism in my head…. and yet that is what the tea evoked.

‘give it a few days…. try it again,’ i sagely advised myself. tonight: 1.5 tablespoons for 6 minutes in my 12 oz mug. the dry blend reminded me of a chai (sortof) so i treated it that way (cream and sugar) and it worked very well! reminds me very much of a flower scented chai… something exotic smelling.

not my favourite of the samples from ysaurella, but still very nice!

Cavocorax

Congrats on the assignment!
And hope they get your laptop figured out ASAP. I bought a brand new one as a birthday present a few years back (because up until then EVERY computer I’d had was a hand-me-down) and 2 hours after first turning it on, I got a line of dead pixels on the screen! It was disappointing! But Dell had a technician over to replace it within 2-3 days, so no hard feelings on my part. Anyway fingers crossed.

JustJames

well that’s good news, mine’s a dell too. and ATBC (access technology BC) is a wicked taskmaster if their students are being impacted. and seeing as i can’t write….. yeah. my case manager will be chasing them down with cattle prods.

thanks for the congrats! this is the class that i continually worry i’m not smart enough to be in, heh heh. the other one i’m makes me worry about my memory!!! very big classes, both of them!

xoxo

Cavocorax

Well that’s a great start. :)

And I have a terrible memory, yet I still made it through my BA with a good GPA. I’m sure you’ll figure out what tricks work best for you. For me (and my psych major) I found that focusing mostly on the vocab was huge because if I could remember all the fiddly terms, the concepts behind would follow. Of course it all depends on your class.

Cavocorax

I hope you have a few courses where you can show off your writing skills. :) I know you’ve blown a few of us away here with your reviews. I’m sure your profs will be so impressed/grateful to have something interesting and well written to read.

Terri HarpLady

I’m with Cavo on that one!

JustJames

have i ever told you that the front half of my hair is fire engine red? awesomely fake, awesomely brilliant too IMO….. now my face is too. ahem.

the vocab focus is a very good suggestion!

the first time round at uni i was a an english major on scholarship…. now i’m reder-er-er.

OMGsrsly

Oh, I hope your experience with ATBC is good. Mine was not so good.

The warranty was awesome though. I contacted Dell directly for replacement parts, and though they wanted to send a tech out ASAP, they agreed to mail new parts to me with return envelopes for the old ones. Worked so well for me.

So. Fingers crossed for you! And congratulations on your grade! That’s awesome. :)

JustJames

oh no! it’s been good so far, but that could be down the case manager who is awesome. i would be very happy with a tech coming out ASAP. i was still learning how to use the new machine! not sure, but i think i have to go through ATBC when it looks like the whole machine has gone caput? i’m sure i’ll have answers tomorrow.

handed in lab #2 today… wow did i feel over my head! i hope i do as well as the one i got back today…. i worked way harder on this one! you would have laughed at us all in class today: comparing labs trying to feel LESS stupid! lol.

OMGsrsly

They told me my warranty was with Dell, so I contacted Dell. Hopefully your sadness gets resolved quickly!

That IS how university goes! :D Generally the students who are the most worried put in the most amount of work, and do the best. So keep working, talk to your profs/TAs about any questions, and you’ll do great! If you ever find you want an extra set of eyes to read over a paper, let me know. I do editing in my spare time, and actually LOVE reading papers.

JustJames

that’s an awesome offer! thank you…. i’m generally pretty good at editing, what with the writing schtick, but sometimes it’s less about writing and more about the continuity and flow of information and logic. i may well take you up on your offer! be warned…. i might hit you with a human geography paper! lol.

OMGsrsly

That’s fine! I did a couple first year geography courses. :)

Ysaurella

Mandalay is a very beautiful tea that’s a pity it didn’t really work for you.

Comments

Cavocorax

Congrats on the assignment!

xoxo

Cavocorax

Well that’s a great start. :)

Terri HarpLady

I’m with Cavo on that one!

JustJames

the vocab focus is a very good suggestion!

OMGsrsly

Oh, I hope your experience with ATBC is good. Mine was not so good.

OMGsrsly

That’s fine! I did a couple first year geography courses. :)

Ysaurella

Mandalay is a very beautiful tea that’s a pity it didn’t really work for you.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC