C’est grace a ma chere ysaurella que j’ai eu la chance d’essayer cette beaute!

i have done it! i have worked out my algorithmic happiness with damman freres blends!

with each sample that ysaurella sent me of damman freres i have loved the smell of the blend, but each time the steep fell short!!!
as predicted, operator error…. and now i know how i like it.

1.5 five times the recommended amount, with a 6 minute steep. precisely. each time. and i love them that way!

under these parameters i got all of the expected brilliance of this blend. i got creamed roasted chestnuts, almonds, hazelnuts… a very gentle floral contribution without perfume.

i liked this one with cream and sugar.

brilliant.

and now i know how to prepare it!

Anna

Oh, I have to write this down, FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. tracks her Dammann Frères package obsessively

Ysaurella

glad you liked this one

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Good to know!

JustJames

for the life of me i could not figure out what i was doing wrong…. but i have it nailed now, lol.

ahem, and i just got off the phone with my mother who has happily agreed ‘to support your granny tea habit’ (ie: give me money for tea from mariage freres and damman freres). granny? GRANNY??? grandmothers are great, don’t get me wrong, but 1) i’m a guy and 2) what part of tea is granny-ish? lol.

OMGsrsly

Your mom is pretty funny. :) Thankfully my mom is also really into tea. She didn’t even blink when I spent all my birthday money on tea!

JustJames

my mom and i are very different people. last year she bought me a crate of wine… 14 bottles? thing is— if it’s not tea then i’m not a big drinker. not wine, not even water! i still have bottles left over!

it was a really nice thought… last year we went with her thought, this year i’d prefer to go with mine. sure, i’ll play the part of old man with mariage freres in my cup. lol.

OMGsrsly

Here’s hoping that wine will age well. Thankfully my mom knows I don’t drink much. She always offers, but then follows up with juice or tea options!

JustJames

hahahahaha! yay mom! i remember when i was in first year uni thinking that drinking might be fun…. i think i did it once or twice? but both times i got to the ‘totally blitzed’ stage and thought ‘okay, i want to be sober now’. course it doesn’t work that way, lol. so aside from cooking with it and the odd glass i just abstain. not my style.

to each their own…. but for me— tea!

i would totally do a tea party with you and your mom! i talk with friends about it frequently. the reaction is always the same: they look at me like i’m nuts and then hear what i have and start booking time on their calendars. heh heh.

OMGsrsly

:D One of my friends did a tea party, cooked with tea, served matching teas, the whole works. I wasn’t feeling well so I didn’t get to go, but it sounded SO awesome.

My mom is an unflavoured tea person. Anything with a flavour, and she wrinkles her nose in disgust. :)

Comments

Anna

Ysaurella

glad you liked this one

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Good to know!

JustJames

to each their own…. but for me— tea!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC