i loved this sample from ysaurella…. it’s funny, when i look at the amount she sent me for each tea it’s almost as though she anticipated that i would mess up the first attempt! because although i messed up all of the damman first steeps, i had enough left over to try again and add the extra that made it perfect, lol.

as i mentioned in a review yesterday i am happy with damman freres blends with 1.5 times the recommended amount.

once i got the amount right this blend was exceptional. i am a fig fan, big time. i have a fig tree in the front yard… though sadly it does not produce fruit for me.

if i could design an old growth forest i would do it with fig trees… that as they aged bore immense pear sized figs that were light and sweet and tangy. the fruit would be harboured under the canopy of broad leaves. my forest would be hectares long and acres wide.

all the houses bordering my forest would be equipped with windows that had built in wipers because whenever there was a wind storm the great soft figs would splatter against the glass and no one would be able to see! (welcome to my world?)the deer and cariboo would also leave your flowers alone in this imaginary place because the grounded figs would more than satisfy! (we have a ‘small’ deer population in our area, lol)

with the blend amount amended this tea gave me everything: i got sunshine in the summertime, the mild tang of an italian honey fig, a sense of juiciness, ripeness, i even (somehow) gleaned the light taste of seeds!

all fruit, no floral. not creamy, not astringent. this tea very accurately reflects a fresh fig. beautifully done.

Anna

So adding this to the shopping list.

JustJames

lol! you and i just keep egging each other on to break our budgets!

I know! So let’s absolutely keep it up! ;P

Fjellrev

Sounds like a winner!

JustJames

aren’t we both students? which means we are inherently broke? lol. meh, what studentaid doesn’t know won’t hurt them! how many students blow their loans on drugs and booze… tea can’t be that bad. i have a return swap that has to head out to ysaurella, after that we could swap! assuming i haven’t whittled everything down to a point where you see nothing that interests you!

i have silk road here too…. X0P

Ysaurella

I like very much this one and I am happy you enjoyed it so much. To me it tastes a lot fig pastry more than fresh fig but I loved it as it is.

Comments

Anna

So adding this to the shopping list.

JustJames

lol! you and i just keep egging each other on to break our budgets!

I know! So let’s absolutely keep it up! ;P

Fjellrev

Sounds like a winner!

i have silk road here too…. X0P

Ysaurella

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC