drank Sugar and Spice by DAVIDsTEA

in am writing this most favourable review in honour of two friends: Ysaurella (who is the one ultimately receiving the sample) and keychange who wrote such a lovely impassioned review of this blend!

first thing’s first: keychange.
david’s teas was my first loose leafing source. i have mostly moved beyond them…. honestly i find them a tad too cutesy with names and sprinkles, etc. i could have taken that in stride to a certain extent… but, i began encountering discrepancies in the ingredients lists. a serious thing to be sure, especially for someone with allergies!

however, if no one gives us a second chance then it doesn’t matter if we get better. and if our efforts don’t matter, then why should we make them at all? bit by bit i have cautiously been trying david’s teas again.

they have a few blends that are superlative! bar none their blueberry jam is the best ever! true they have not been doing tea for 300 years like many of the apothecaries in france, but we all start somewhere.

never let us say that we are impervious to peer pressure— we all are under the right circumstances. my friends can absolutely influence me! so when shopping for some north american extras to tack into my return swap to the brilliant Ysaurella, keychange’s review of this tea came to mind!

what amused me most at david’s today was the gravity with which the diligent young manager absorbed what i was saying.

‘i have a tea buddy in france that sent me some beautiful damman freres and mariages freres samples…’

the young woman spluttered and coughed and managed to look both jealous and aghast at the same time, lol.

‘she what? wow. oh wow.’

as per keychange’s review…. indeed this is a very nice tea….. especially if you mix it with sweetened condensed milk! definitely a spice cake tea. although i can’t put my finger on it absolutely, i think it may be the carrot that persuades me that i am drinking cake! very nicely done.

why am i sampling Ysaurella’s samples? because i am not sending her anything that i haven’t tried, plain and simple =0)

a beautiful cold weather blend. don’t be afraid to let it steep for 7. thanks in part to keychange i am changing my david’s teas tune.

keychange

I feel so flattered that my review made you more excited to try this!

JustJames

you and like similar teas and you are very eloquent with your writing… no doubt your thoughts held sway!

Ysaurella

ah I am impatient now to taste this DT – I have to say until now I am not very impressed by the brand (except for their marketing !)

JustJames

they can very hit or miss, it’s true. this one i think you may like because of the spicing! definitely a cake tea. and of course i’m sending you some blueberry jam. it is quite excellent…. there are others as well =0)

Comments

keychange

I feel so flattered that my review made you more excited to try this!

Ysaurella

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC