i find myself at a cross roads with this puerh. on one hand there are aspects that i find vastly superior, on the other i find some elements disconcerting.

i really like the fact that it isn’t musty as some puerhs i’ve tried lately are. there’s a healthy but not overpowering astringency that balances the flavours out so that i am certain i am drinking tea and i haven’t been whacked in the mouth with a moss pillow.

what i find odd are the smell and taste. it smells like popcorn, and it tastes like sticky rice. makes a certain amount of sense, it’s a rice shu…. but sweet rice in my tea cup is new for me and i don’t know what i think of it yet!

thank you very much to tao tea leaf for the sample. i always enjoy an opportunity to try.

no numbers, not yet. i’ll try another steep and see if i can come to a conclusion!

LOL moss pillow

JustJames

seriously, haven’t you had that experience with puerh? good flavour but then it turns into a fuzzy diffusion that tastes like moss?

Haha totally, I love the way you described it

Comments

Stephanie

LOL moss pillow

JustJames

Haha totally, I love the way you described it

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC