drank Hello Sweetie by Butiki Teas

i love this tea…. go figure, it was made for me! but it’s not just the blend i love…. it was the whole process.

stacy is brilliant. we all know that, but working with her one on one that is absolutely reinforced. we tried tons of combinations. we were all over the map! she listened to every idea i had and added in her experience, what did we get? a delightfully NOT tropical coconut/baked banana praline invention that makes me feel like i’m eating dessert even though i have very proudly (and honestly!!!) been off sugar for 2 weeks now.

the banana level is deep, very reminiscent of when i make baked bananas with butter, lemon juice and a pinch of brown sugar. the hint of lemon is there, i swear. the coconut is beautifully balanced by the banana and praline. not to mention the taiwanese assam! i love that the blend has a brilliant tea to back it!

if you have dreams of tea i cannot recommend stacy lim highly enough. the person, the process and the result. she even allowed for my particular fondness of cream and sweetener (formerly known as sugar, lol). it’s great with, without. hell, it’s just great.

thank you so much stacy…. i have sent a bunch of it out, though only two know it’s coming, lol!

of course it gets 100%! oh, and in case you need the reference that stacy and i geeked out over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-q3_XoS2T8 …. believe you me, there were many, MANY discussions about dr. who tea names!

CHAroma

Sounds delicious!

JustJames

it was alot of fun. at a certain point stacy said ‘it needs a fruit balance’. i disagreed. i finally conceded with ‘bananas’ to which she disagreed but agreed to make up a batch with prejudice (LMAO) then she wound up loving it and so did i. which is amusing because i usually have a hefty banana bias. it was awesome.

CrowKettle

I might have to request some of that sometime.

JustJames

absolutely! i have an immense amount, lol!

Terri HarpLady

That sounds delicious!

JustJames

truly my friends…. PM me your addresses, i’ll shove a sample in an envelope and shuffle it your way. i have a ton of tea, no swaps, but you are more than welcome to try it. i have zero problem buying some US stamps and sending a sample your way. obviously same for my fellow canadians. =0)

ifjuly

that does sound really good!

Amariel

OMG, a River Song tea. Are the bananas from a grove in Villengard, by chance? Heh. PS I want to try some, and apparently we live in the same city? How’s that happen? :P

JustJames

I JUST NOTICED THAT 30 SECONDS AGO, lol. yay powers of observation. well, we’ll just have to meet up so i can hand you over a sample. not sure about the origins of the bananas, but i can tell you this much….. if stacy has access to a TARDIS or an atypical presentation of time and space in any way whatsoever then i want in!

Amariel

Yep. Anyhow, it won’t be in the next week, since I am traveling stateside to visit friends, family, and go to Long Island Who. :P But after that, for sure.

Butiki Teas

This blend was soooo much fun to make! This was the first time working with someone where we just let the flavors go wherever they wanted to go. The only two requirements were coconut and complex flavors. We even tried a lime, rose, coconut. In my head that one sounded so good but in reality it tasted like musty curtains.

JustJames

HAHAHAHAHA….. that is an awesome taste metaphor!!! i have sent a bunch out. i will be sending more. appropriately my dear you are brilliantly appreciated and not just by me! xoxo

CrowKettle

I’ll PM you too in a bit but we also live in the same city. Maybe I’ll snag some off of Heather :P

JustJames

whichever is easiest for you =0)

Amariel

We can plan something when I get back. :)

i might just love you a lot for making this tea.

VariaTEA

I don’t even know how I got to this tasting note but this tea sounds amazing

JustJames

i’m not sure if i get to say thank you or not….. my wishlist our con-joined fussing, stacy’s work? lol!

justjames..i want it all. I’m so excited for our swap heh

JustJames

me too!! am i waiting for nina’s to arrive? or am i sending today/tomorrow?

Send it whenever lol. I’m in no rush. Like i said, I don’t need Nina’s :) stacy teas on the other hand…

Hello.Kiki

This sounds amazing!

JustJames

it’s quite excellent! stacy is amazing =0)

Amariel

Can’t wait til I can try some.

MissB

Stacy will be selling it soon, it sounds like. :) Then we can all get our fix.

Comments

CHAroma

Sounds delicious!

CrowKettle

I might have to request some of that sometime.

JustJames

absolutely! i have an immense amount, lol!

Terri HarpLady

That sounds delicious!

ifjuly

that does sound really good!

Butiki Teas

JustJames

whichever is easiest for you =0)

Amariel

We can plan something when I get back. :)

i might just love you a lot for making this tea.

VariaTEA

I don’t even know how I got to this tasting note but this tea sounds amazing

justjames..i want it all. I’m so excited for our swap heh

JustJames

me too!! am i waiting for nina’s to arrive? or am i sending today/tomorrow?

Hello.Kiki

This sounds amazing!

JustJames

it’s quite excellent! stacy is amazing =0)

Amariel

Can’t wait til I can try some.

MissB

Stacy will be selling it soon, it sounds like. :) Then we can all get our fix.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC