drank Jardin Bleu by Dammann Freres

ah! my first birthday review! i’ve been 38 for a whole half a day and nothing….. i feel no different. then again, it’s always like that =0)

after last year (when my mother bought me a huge amount of wine most of which is still kicking around our kitchen) i went out on a limb and discussed with her the concept of going a different direction this year: if she really wanted to pour a couple hundred dollars into beverages in honour of my birthday, could we go with something that I like? please? are you imagining me tap dancing dear friends? can you imagine how dicey that conversation that might have been? she laughed, said that if i wanted my GRANNY’S habit indulged she SUPPOSED she could. granny? really? what part of tea says senior citizen? i mean i’d have thought she could have gone for grampa at least….

anyway, as always, i digress!!! when the box from dammann freres arrived my mother could have called me anything she wanted. the smells drifting up from the box after i carefully opened it! berry and biscuit, chocolate and nuts….. separate blends that somehow all played together happily; separate but still comprising a mutual fan club. this one was the first of my day….. i sipped it in a daze on the way to school. what a way to wake up on your birthday!

this in my cup with music that was likely way too loud, smile wrapped around my head two times. i worked all weekend on a lab that i only got half done until i ran it by my prof who said i could stop with what i had because i had done so impressively much. it’s been a good birthday so far!

sushi coming up for dinner, new kettle kettle humming in the background…. a buffet of spoiled boy teas to chose from. why is it i shouldn’t like birthdays again?

my wife refuses to try this tea…. though she says she might consider wearing it as a perfume. =0)

caile

Happy birthday!

JustJames

=0) thank you! it’s a good day to be 38!!!

ifjuly

Yay, happy bday!

JustJames

=0) what better way than to celebrate with friends?

Fjellrev

Happy happy birthday!

JustJames

thank you! they wrote ‘happy birthday’ with a smiley face on my sashimi container and i swear it tasted better than usual, lol. maybe they reserve the best stuff for birthday boys?

keychange

Happy birthday, you!! I’m so glad your mom got you a ton of tea!

JustJames

okay, i cannot express the value of a temperature programmable kettle!!!! wow stuff tastes amazing!!! i feel very spoiled. and i found out at about 3 this morning that i got 90% on my big psych project and she’s offering me 100%. THAT is a hell of a birthday!

Cavocorax

Happy Birthday! :) (belated – whoops!)
And that’s great about the new kettle and the awesome marks!

JustJames

thanks and thanks! say….. anything interesting in your mail box?

Cavocorax

No…. not yet. :( I’ll let you know as soon as I see something!

Ysaurella

Bon anniversaire + 1 jour !

JustJames

merci! est-ce-que votre cadeau est arrive?

Ysaurella

non pas encore mais peut être demain ou samedi :)

Comments

caile

Happy birthday!

JustJames

=0) thank you! it’s a good day to be 38!!!

ifjuly

Yay, happy bday!

JustJames

=0) what better way than to celebrate with friends?

Fjellrev

Happy happy birthday!

keychange

Happy birthday, you!! I’m so glad your mom got you a ton of tea!

Cavocorax

Happy Birthday! :) (belated – whoops!)
And that’s great about the new kettle and the awesome marks!

JustJames

thanks and thanks! say….. anything interesting in your mail box?

Cavocorax

No…. not yet. :( I’ll let you know as soon as I see something!

Ysaurella

Bon anniversaire + 1 jour !

JustJames

merci! est-ce-que votre cadeau est arrive?

Ysaurella

non pas encore mais peut être demain ou samedi :)

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (

everywhere