drank Almond Green Tea by Kusmi Tea

VariaTEA was thoughtful enough to send me this sample, thank you much!

this tea has outsmarted me tonight, lol. now, i was fiddling with it trying to sort out the steeping time without searching the steepster data base…. but i didn’t think i was that challenging?

the base is a rare green, i would go so far as to say BARELY a green. it reminds me very much of mandala’s yellow tea. very light, very sweet. the base is so gracious i found myself wanting it uninterrupted, which is what the almond was doing.

on its own the almond is a very nice flavour! not too strong, very smooth, a nice combination of a fresh almond crossed with marzipan. no amaretto. the separate halves are very nice on their own…. i just don’t know if i want them together?

rather unexpected that! no numbers yet. =0)

VariaTEA

I was definitely on the fence about this tea too. In fact I still am. I found the marzipan flavor of the almond didn’t quite blend with the taste of the green tea base.

JustJames

i think it’s that they’re both good quality but argue as a result? holy moly, i anthropomorphize my teas!

MissB

“the base is so gracious i found myself wanting it uninterrupted”

I love this. Pure poetry.

flatterer ;-P

sherapop

That is exactly my question, JustJames: do green tea and almond belong together?

JustJames

i certainly think they can is they are balanced correctly, the example that comes to mind as close kin is butiki’s pistachio ice cream. i don’t think there are any rules at all about what can/can’t go together…. you just have to be just that good to prove yourself under certain circumstances.

i’ll have to try it again, but i’m not sure this is one of those brilliant proofs.

JustJames

sherapop- i have plenty left (pretty sure), if you’re thinking of buying i can always throw some your way.

Comments

VariaTEA

MissB

“the base is so gracious i found myself wanting it uninterrupted”

I love this. Pure poetry.

flatterer ;-P

sherapop

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC