thank you so much to Stephanie for this sample. (her timing was very ninja-like…. quite cool!)

for those that have been following the nonsense that has been my life of late: i saw the emergency opthomologist yesterday. surgery likely in two weeks, steroids up until then. reading isn’t fun which means my exam on monday is going to be….creative? thus Stephanie-ninja’s package (and VariaTEA’s) found me yesterday!

the tea: hmmm. my sample does NOT look like this, first off, although the smell wasn’t too far from the photo. this tea would give darwin new insights, lol. (ie: the blend has a dramatic evolutionary shift).

i do not care for it hot. i scowled at it openly. i got no chocolate, no almond…. coconut? hah! i do try not hold grudges…. they serve no purpose but to grow poison trees. i channeled zen sipped again and….. MUCH BETTER! not robust. not clearly chocolate almond…. but the cooler it gets the more it improves.

i think the blend itself needs more oomph. an oomph boost! good idea… not done yet though. darwin could meddle!

Fjellrev

Gah! I hate when teas have some awesome notes but you can’t taste them.

JustJames

my thought is: go all the way with the idea, don’t stop part way there. it has potential…. but not done cooking yet i think!

Hesper June

Oh,my! That poor tea must have been quivering down to it’s very leaves…to be scowled at openly by JJ!
Glad that it redeemed itself once slightly cooled.
Sorry to read of your recent eye problems, I hope it will all soon be quickly resolved.

lol, i don’t often glower at teas! but it behaved somewhat… in the end. }=0^

the eye thing is so random! very badly timed too…. i’ve been offered an extension for my exam on monday, but i can just see that causing a snowball catchup effect…. i have two major final projects another exam and surgery in between. i think just doing it makes more sense? though i am always slightly out of my head with steroids in my system…. thoughts anyone?

Hesper June

I might have to try that next time I believe a tea is misbehaving:)
Sorry about the dilemma, I often tell others that it is most important to take care of your health first…sadly I rarely take my own advice.

JustJames

i’m doing everything that can be done…. i really don’t think putting off the exam (though the offer was kind) will help. i have 12 days of steroids left, another assessment, then they book the procedure. in between i get my disease modifier.

i feel rotten. that isn’t going to change anytime soon. heaping the stress of a delayed exam on top of my other due dates won’t be helpful……

bah!

Hesper June

Very true. So sorry that you have to deal with this. Wishing you some relief soon!

JustJames

thank you, my dear. one of these random occurrences. my prof is in for a bit of a shock though…. i’m studying mostly off TED and youtube. lol. reading the text book isn’t going so well.

Hesper June

I sure you Prof will be impressed on how well you will do.

man i hope so! you are a lovely soul…. xo

Fjellrev

By the way, best of luck with surgery! I hope it won’t be too high risk and the recovery will go alright.

JustJames

thanks for the well wishes! my mother piped up today ‘so i guess you don’t want tea for christmas anymore?’ ???? ‘sounds like new glasses might be better?’ yes, but noooooooooooooooooooo!!

it was tragic, but also very amusing.

Fjellrev

Aww, yeah, my mom’s been doing through a series of eye surgery and and her prescription keeps changing. It can be such a hassle and so expensive. Let’s hope you can hit a good pre-xmas sale and get a good deal on the glasses so you have more money for tea!

JustJames

there’s a positive thought, yay pre-christmas sale thinking!!

Comments

Fjellrev

Gah! I hate when teas have some awesome notes but you can’t taste them.

Hesper June

Glad that it redeemed itself once slightly cooled.

lol, i don’t often glower at teas! but it behaved somewhat… in the end. }=0^

Hesper June

I might have to try that next time I believe a tea is misbehaving:)

bah!

Hesper June

I sure you Prof will be impressed on how well you will do.

man i hope so! you are a lovely soul…. xo

JustJames

it was tragic, but also very amusing.

JustJames

there’s a positive thought, yay pre-christmas sale thinking!!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC