thank you to ifjuly for this sample….

it took me a minute to switch gears! i’ve been caught up with french apothecaries since my mammoth swap with ysaurella few months back!

i like the layers in this. there’s a sweet smoke— not a lapsang, almost a hickory dipped peach, an earthy warm tobacco, and then a crisp straightforward black. i like the fact that each layer is distinct but also mutually flattering.

thank you ifjuly! a lovely experience! i would say it’s nice to get back to basics but this really isn’t basic, lol! sneaky is a better descriptor!

very nice!

boychik

I like it a lot. I also got H&S Rose scented and mixed it 2:1 ratio
I think ashmanra recommended this mix in older posts. Very nice combination . I can send you a sample if you want or even pick up 2 oz in store. I like small amounts;)

JustJames

small amounts are handy…. i am FINALLY getting used to not buying a ton. (though i still do that with my french teas… then hoard them in airtight containers….. and sniff them from time to time, lol)

ifjuly

i agree that it feels sort of like back to basics intro tea, yet has a bit more going on in the wings than expected given that. i have really enjoyed reading your take on teas, and how when we are on the same page you word it so well!

JustJames

we do have VERY similar tastes. i haven’t tried anything you’ve sent that i haven’t vastly enjoyed. =0) swap buddies for life!

ashmanra

I love this tea! It was at my side, encouraging me through some hard places, like when I had radiation. She was an inspiring woman and this tea is a fitting tribute to her, I think.

Comments

boychik

I like it a lot. I also got H&S Rose scented and mixed it 2:1 ratio

ifjuly

ashmanra

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC