Thanks to MissB for this tidbit!

this is an unusual incarnation of a mint chocolate chip blend ;0)

okay, i cheated, i peeked at the ingredients, which (because i cheated) revealed absolutely nothing! mint is a given, chocolate too, there would be issues with my palate if i didn’t notice the tea…. but i’m getting citrus! there’s no reason to think the ingredients are other than as listed…. there are lemon breeds of peppermint, sage too for that matter. you can also have one crop affect another by proximity to something like lemon balm or lemon thyme.

the citrus note is neat! very unusual! i FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS for the first steep (yeah, yeah— pick your jaws up off the floor, lol) but next time round i think i’d prefer a longer steep.

no numbers til it sits on the counter for 4.5 instead of 3. ;0P

MissB

Citrus? Wowza. Yea, it’s a simple tea: black fujian and mint. This is the one I brought with me to DAVIDs the other day and smelled up the joint. Maybe I messed up somehow when parsing it out? Boo.

JustJames

yes! citrus! don’t boo me, lol.

JustJames

okay….. what if there are citrus tones in the fujian? hmm? smarty pants?

MissB

Lmao! Well, of course, it’s possible. I mean, I loves me some citrus. I’ll have to drink some more now to see if I get that, too. I just remember mint chocolate chip ice cream when I had it.

MissB

… and I was booing myself!

JustJames

you weren’t specific about who you were booing!

MissB

Oh JustJames, I’m always booing myself. How on earth could I possibly ever boo, you? Nah, you’re awesomesauce.

JustJames

now, for clarification purposes, is that like the stuff the white spot covers their cheeseburgers in? because that stuff is addictive. it makes me happy…. and now that i’ve thought of it i really want it, DRAT!!!!!

MissB

I’m waving my fist at you, JustJames. Yes, just like that.

yay seed planting? =0)

yyz

I could see the citrus. I haven’t had this tea, but I have had several several fujian blacks, some of which have the fruity citrus/lychee note, either underneath or even as a top note at times. So, I could definitely see where that might come from.

JustJames

!!! i have never had a fujian before, thank you for the insight!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Citrus? Hmmm…very interesting :) Glad you’re enjoying it! Thanks for sharing my tea, MissB :D

JustJames

i have a…..unique….. olfactory sense. i’m the whacko that can taste ingredient 22 in the chocolate chip cookies, lol.

JustJames

lol, sometimes! i smell everything, even the stuff you really have no desire to sometimes! =0\ it also has its perks though! i thought this blend was inspired! very original. what i can’t state for certain is the origin or the citrus i’m detecting. (not my skill set)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Thanks, James! You should try some of my other teas sometime – they are actually inspired ;) I wish my palette was more refined. It’s getting there :)

From reading your reviews, I feel like you might find a bunch of my teas interesting. If you’ve got a moment, read this and you can understand what I mean :) http://whisperingpinestea.com/whyus.html

i agree…. i have to duck rooiboos a bit though =0(

manistee moonrise looks very interesting. i was trained as a painter, i love it if my tea paints a picture, has a story…. odd though that may seem.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Oooh not odd at all! That’s the entire reason I blend tea! :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Also, I blend upon order, so I can replace rooibos with something else if needed

JustJames

that’s a helpful tidbit to know, thanks much!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

No worries :) Love your reviews!

i enjoy your craft!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Also, MissB – the sample I gave you in your last order was changed. The lemon verbena is now lemon balm and theres no longer any chicory root in there. Sorry you didn’t get the final version :/

Comments

MissB

JustJames

yes! citrus! don’t boo me, lol.

JustJames

okay….. what if there are citrus tones in the fujian? hmm? smarty pants?

MissB

… and I was booing myself!

JustJames

you weren’t specific about who you were booing!

MissB

I’m waving my fist at you, JustJames. Yes, just like that.

yay seed planting? =0)

yyz

JustJames

!!! i have never had a fujian before, thank you for the insight!

i agree…. i have to duck rooiboos a bit though =0(

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Oooh not odd at all! That’s the entire reason I blend tea! :)

JustJames

that’s a helpful tidbit to know, thanks much!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

No worries :) Love your reviews!

i enjoy your craft!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC