drank La Naissance by Fauchon

wrote my last exam. blanked for the second half of it. the prof is fascinated by my final project…. column A column B situation? sigh. either 3 weeks of break…. some sedate keener studying and this tea was day 1 of ’it’s done’.

this is a different spin on french tea! fauchon and i called a truce today and i wound up with the tea manifesting as i believe it should. entirely ENTIRELY different from dammann freres, mariage freres and nina’s paris……

a bittersweet marzipan cake. an element of green to it. more nuanced than the others, as opposed to robust. it has a disconcerting thin element to it. now i know that tea isn’t supposed to be thick, and yet somehow i have lots of french teas that somehow carry weight?

just a different evolution in my tea repertoire…. a new volume to add, and a very gracious one at that.

thank you MissB for this celebratory cup. i’m going to keep playing until i’m sort out my steeping parameters =0)

very graceful, very smooth, very new!

MissB

I found this one needed a bit less heat and 4-5 minutes to get it feeling “right”. I so wish this was a better, more celebratory cup for you right off the bat.

JustJames

fauchon and i have had an uneasy romance from the get go, lol, why would today be any different? and it is quite a different entity than any other bland i’ve ever had…. =0)

OMGsrsly

I like steeping them at 195F (90C!) for sure. 4 minutes is good for me, but maybe I’ll try 5!

JustJames

you know…. it could also be me…. i’m so tired i can’t even see. so tonight i get to enjoy tea, but ascribe no numbers. sooooo tired. WOW!

MissB

Yes, yes I understand that completely. Rest well! You deserve it.

Comments

MissB

OMGsrsly

MissB

Yes, yes I understand that completely. Rest well! You deserve it.

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC