drank 1854 by Mariage Frères

http://steepster.com/discuss/6555-dear-steepster-team-dot-dot-dot-happy-holidays-and-thank-you RIGHT OFF THE BAT I THOUGHT I’D LIST A LINK TO A ‘THANK YOU STEEPSTER TEAM’ THREAD. they work unbelievably hard on our behalf for a place that all of us love— tis the season to say a hearty thank you!

it has been MONTHS since my awesome swap with Ysaurella…. you know, the one that changed my whole tea persona? well, THIS blend has been a holdout this whole time. Ysau wrote very clearly on the bag 95 degrees, SHORT STEEP. i did short steeps! several times! i think the problem was not the time, but the temperature. it’s a black tea that wants to be treated as though it’s an oolong!

aha! homo sapien brain succeeds over tea…. wow, that really shouldn’t read as victorious as it does, lol.

very nice feather in the mariage freres cap. this is a jasmined black, but the bend of the two creates a new hybridized tea element. (momentary distraction as i ponder the concept of a periodic table of tea elements….)i taste less jasmine and more pepper, alternating with thyme and mint. quite striking! the base blend doesn’t taste like a back or a green either! instead it’s entirely new.

not happy steeped as a black though, lol. has to be steeped as an oolong. but maybe that’s just in my kitchen… could be a different story in yours.

gmathis

Thanks for starting the kudos thread!

NofarS

Thank you for the thread, too.

JustJames

it seemed important, and we all love this place =0)

Cavocorax

I love that thread – it was very thoughtful and just what we needed. :)

Ysaurella

so you loved it as an Oolong ? ;)
I liked this one very much and you’re right, in my kitchen it was less capricious and accepted to be treated as a black but with a very short steep.We are all so different and have our tea preference and that’s why we love Steepster ! thanks for the thread James

Comments

gmathis

Thanks for starting the kudos thread!

NofarS

Thank you for the thread, too.

JustJames

it seemed important, and we all love this place =0)

Cavocorax

I love that thread – it was very thoughtful and just what we needed. :)

Ysaurella

so you loved it as an Oolong ? ;)

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC