drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

this was a lovely surprise from one MissB.

okay…. i may have cheated a tad while i was opening the package. it referred to a ‘cake coconut’ flavour. really. honestly, i’ve heard claims like that before but i’ve never found one. i wouldn’t say that the vendor is necessarily trying to be deceitful… but everyone has a different palate and if you’re selling something then hope can get mixed in with flavouring.

truly that was NOT the case this time! it was a light, sweet, very mildly floral coconut cake flavour! the only better i’ve tasted is the blend stacy at butiki made for me personally!

another remarkable element of the tea is that it steeps up to such a brilliantly light colour….. many shades lighter than apple juice. lovely, light, pale, sweet yet somehow complicated cake coconut!

Fjellrev

This is definitely a nice one! I still miss David’s though. Theirs was even more coconutty.

JustJames

i like this one because of the balance…. coconut, but also toned down to a cupcake kindof level. (i also have to stay away from david’s for the most part)

Fjellrev

Ah yeah. Well this one definitely has a better balance. I’m just a coconut freak. But I’m glad you found one that works for you.

JustJames

i’m just not fun because of allergies….. you think i’m bad here? i walk into a restaurant and management walks out to greet me right off the bat, lol. i’m just glad there are some things i get to enjoy…. consider myself very fortunate.

yyz

I need to try this sometime. I love their coconut green tea, and I don’t really love coconut in tea.

TheTeaFairy

I like this one too but for some very weird reason, it tastes like butter popcorn more than it does coconut to me!!! Am I crazy?

JustJames

i think you’re absolutely certifiable…. but only in all my very favourite ways— like the ways that make you a passionate writer and the ways that allow you creatively coerce a doubting brother to drink beer tea, and tell us all about it lol!!! i got no hint of popcorn, myself…. cannot stand the stuff =0(. but just because i don’t taste it doesn’t mean i would call you crazy…. maybe i’m the crazy one! 80)

TheTeaFairy

James, you find me speechless :-) :-)

Comments

Fjellrev

yyz

TheTeaFairy

James, you find me speechless :-) :-)

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC