bit by bit fauchon i are coming to an understanding. =0)

everyone loves fauchon. i have loved the smells…. but the taste kept falling short. sigh.

i began to create a list of personal rules.
1) i like fauchon greens better than fauchon blacks (who would have predicted?)

2) i like a 3 minute steep not a 4 or 5.
3) i like the water a tad cooler on each.
4) last and most important: i like nothing in them at all. no sweetener, no cream, nothing.

huh.

the orange and apricot are clear, the peach is intermittant….. SOMEWHERE i am getting a hint of chocolate? very, very lightly. which is interesting. i don’t think it would be nearly as nice if it had been on purpose, lol.

very smooth, very light…. nice to know fauchon and i are getting on! thanks to ifjuly for this!

Fjellrev

I swear my mind plays tricks with me when it comes to a “ghost” chocolate note too. I mentioned in my review that I associate the orange note in here with a Terry’s chocolate orange. It’s the same kind of orange flavour, so it automatically leads your mind to also think of chocolate?

JustJames

you and i seem to have very similar palates too…. we both get banana with the malted choco mate, remember? we both thought we were nuts….. okay, we may still be, but at least we’re nuts together, lol.

yes, btw, this should be renamed terry’s tea. it’s uncanny.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I’m sure Kittenna once mentioned that roasted mates taste like banana to her too. Either way, we may all be nuts, but nuts together it is!

But I’m glad you’re getting that same vibe from this tea. So odd considering how rosy (at least to me) it initially smells.

JustJames

inception versus evolution can be such a strange journey…..

Comments

Fjellrev

JustJames

yes, btw, this should be renamed terry’s tea. it’s uncanny.

JustJames

inception versus evolution can be such a strange journey…..

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC