drank Hojicha by Zen Tea

this is lovely. i’ve hardly had a moment to stop and i don’t imagine that will change much…. a light green nutty cup of ‘stop and take a breath’…. not a traditional green. definitely not a chinese green…. i taste marine air and have a sense of salt though not the taste. a savoury element, but when i try to pin it down it skitters away.

striking.

i foresee a long and happy friendship. =0)

Terri HarpLady

I used to drink a lot of Hojicha, & I still enjoy a cup from time to time. :)

JustJames

this was my first…. very nice after a trying day. =0)

Amariel

I like hojicha. Nice and low in caffeine too, so good at night. I had a caramel hojicha once, which was nice.

sounds lovely… sadly i would not be able to taste it. =0(

Amariel

It merely added a subtle sweetness with a little toasty notes. But I know you have trouble with caramel. :(

JustJames

such a random glitch 80\ HOWEVER i found one i can taste: chocolate caramel by simpson and vail- their tea is so strongly scented that it seems like i taste it even though i know i was smelling it.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, I just sent out what I had left of this to someone who’s not crazy about green tea. The fact that it has that nutty feel to it, with no gassy notes makes it perfect for the non green tea lovers I find.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I used to drink a lot of Hojicha, & I still enjoy a cup from time to time. :)

JustJames

this was my first…. very nice after a trying day. =0)

sounds lovely… sadly i would not be able to taste it. =0(

TheTeaFairy

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC