Thank you VariaTEA for sending this my way!

i got no chocolate? but i got a lovely creamy, vanilla-esque cinnamon bomb though! very nice. might have to look into this shop- next semester!

on a completely separate note, had to drop a line to my prof asking for more pages for an assignment….. i will cut and paste his reply:
‘… you should strike some balance between your school work and life.’ buwahahahahaha! yeah! if you promise me A+’s no matter what.

did he just obliquely accuse me of having no life? or would you call that direct? hmmm.

VariaTEA

I am glad you liked it. And yes, your prof may have accidentally (or perhaps not accidentally) accused you of not having a life.

JustJames

thank you so much for sending it! gotta love a prof that puts up with grading extra work and then calls it like he sees it…. politely! lol!!!
yours should be there soon i hope!

yyz

Maybe he’s a little envious. I remember some of my undergraduate profs (mostly department heads) complaining that 70% of their time was dedicated to finding funding/politics, 20% to their own research and grad students, and 10% to the classroom.

JustJames

well, he might be indulging me a bit because i appear to be the only tech savvy student willing to work with networking software for the NGOs, not just mine. also the fact that i have over 100 hours in and it should be more 36 and i’m trying to make it self-sustaining for after i leave as well. my classmates are just starting now, i’ve been at it full time for a month. (no sleep, lotsa tea…. that’s why no reviews!)

yyz

Goodness, with that amount of work in, it would be nice if you could at least get a tax receipt for your volunteer time. Sounds exciting, but don’t push yourself towards burnout!

JustJames

you say what i think…. and yet there’s no one else with my particular spray of skill sets: art, language, people, programs, photo editing with a strong real world network as well. it’ll be fine…. probably. lol.

Anyways I feel for you…

JustJames

thank you! xoxo…. are you enjoying your bits and pieces?

yyz

I am.. So far I have revisited Hepburn, and Toffee Dream, I was kind of too busy to give a tea proper attention today. I wm planning to explore something new tomorrow, looking forward to it!

JustJames

i’m crazy busy, if you don’t have time to review i’d be the last one to gripe. just thought i’d ask!! =0)

yyz

No harm in it, James they all look fabulous! I think I’m going to have to close my eyes and reach in, to decide where to begin. I’ve also been wasting time contemplating a Betjeman order.

JustJames

i did NOT just read that. i have enough tea… i have enough tea… i will not look them up online!! lol!

yyz

It’s a little bit more effort. To get decent shipping you have to do a phone order from Fouvrac in Montreal. They carry the full line, but don’t have a webstore. So you have to check out the teas at the Betjeman and Barton site. Shipping they said was cheap, someone had an order sent to California for $10.

yyz

Fouvrac seems to carry a lot of companies. They have Betjeman, and a lot of Kusmi, but I have also seen Fauchon, Compagnie Coloniale, and Marriage Frères tins in the pictures on their Facebook page.

VariaTEA

I saw Montreal and perked up. I suppose I have another store to check out now.

VariaTEA

Also this is a list (granted an incomplete one) of the tea companies they have: http://www.lefouvrac.com/grocery-product/en_tea.html

yyz

https://m.facebook.com/lefouvrac?id=220918191303544&rdr. They have 2 locations. I’m not sure which is better but the Betjeman site lists the Fleury location. blank">http://www.betjemanandbarton.com/en/content/9-world

They have really cute teaware as well!

VariaTEA

The other location is closer but realistically the difference is insignificant unless you are driving there.

JustJames

I AM COVERING MY EYES!!!!!! i am not reading! i have been SO well behaved. CURSES! lol.

yyz

Looks like you’re fine going to the Laurier location anyways. They apparently have an annex to the store dedicated to the Betjeman teas. http://voir.ca/voir-la-vie/art-de-vivre/2012/12/06/home-sweet-home/

VariaTEA

Yeah. Damn. I really shouldn’t be buying more. It is just so tempting though.

yyz

Beware, according to the fleury St description they carry 48 companies teas.

And it’s smaller than the Laurier one

VariaTEA

Hahaha. This could hurt my wallet. Perhaps I should avoid the store.

yyz

True, it does look dangerous. If you go set a limit, but it looks at least you can buy 50g.

yyz

James, we kind of hijacked this discussion, but you know when I finally get around to placing an order, some samples will be coming to you.

JustJames

ha ha ha ha…. hijack away! i am a man of mettle! i’ll misbehave- i just have to save it up for next semester is all =0)

OMGsrsly

Oh wow, yyz, that is a serious thing to consider! I could get a lot of things I’ve been wanting to try all with just one order. :D

Comments

VariaTEA

JustJames

yours should be there soon i hope!

Anyways I feel for you…

JustJames

thank you! xoxo…. are you enjoying your bits and pieces?

VariaTEA

I saw Montreal and perked up. I suppose I have another store to check out now.

yyz

They have really cute teaware as well!

VariaTEA

Yeah. Damn. I really shouldn’t be buying more. It is just so tempting though.

yyz

Beware, according to the fleury St description they carry 48 companies teas.

And it’s smaller than the Laurier one

VariaTEA

Hahaha. This could hurt my wallet. Perhaps I should avoid the store.

OMGsrsly

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC