i do not…. understand.

i got not licorice.
i got no orange.
i got caramel? caramel…. is that you? where have you been? have you been hiding out with adagio playing favourites with MissB? if so, i will admit my feelings are moderately hurt… but really i’m just glad you came back for a quick stop by!

i didn’t smell caramel either…. i have to conclude it really was taste. i had a sense of nuts (nonspecific) and caramel.

maybe MissB put some sort of voodoo over it? lol. sadly i was so distracted by amazement that my entire review consists of ‘I COULD TASTE IT!!!! WOW!’. not much else. (sorry….. but it was very good!)

it also had a warmth that was not generated from heat or spice. riddles upon riddles!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Interesting…..

JustJames

agreed. and also strange. lol.

yyz

Yes and no. Flavour and scent can be an interesting alchemy and at times are perceived uniquely by each individual. It would be interesting to know what unique combo results in caramel.

JustJames

yes and true. if i had read the description i may have had misgivings: caramel, licorice and orange does not sound right to me… but somehow it wound up being a genuine, well balanced caramel to my palate? though i tend to be a bit odd, lol.

yyz

Maybe the liquorice added just enough sweetness and thickness to the tea to make the caramel jump out? Not sure about the orange unless it tempers some of the notes that licorice can sometimes have?

Starfevre

On my Reichenbach Recovery package I have notes that say it’s hazelnut, caramel and earl grey bravo making it up, not liquorice or orange though she might have changed the blend since then.

JustJames

i was just reading what was in the description on steepster…. yes, i would guess the blend has changed. it was a very surprising experience!

Tea Sipper

ah! but I loved the earl and hazelnut!

Comments

yyz

Interesting…..

JustJames

agreed. and also strange. lol.

Starfevre

Tea Sipper

ah! but I loved the earl and hazelnut!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC