drank Strawberry Cream by Zen Tea

PLEASE NOTE. ERRONEOUSLY I REVIEWED THE HERBAL VERSION NOT THE BLACK BLEND OF THIS TEA (AND STUCK IT IN THE WRONG SPOT). HOWEVER, AS MY FRIENDS HAVE PAID ME SUCH KIND ATTENTION I WILL LEAVE MY REVIEW IN PLACE WITH THIS DISCLAIMER!! ps: miss you all frightfully. xoxo, JustJames

oh my. this review sums up the end of a long week!

this tea is a pleasant conundrum! i frequently enjoy my teas with cream, but if hibiscus is involved that poses a wee problem! this is a bright pink, hibby strong (my fault on that) strawberry cream. the hibiscus waves and almost whacks me, but the cream swoops in and tones it right down.

truly unique. this tea has a split profile— an acidic, hibiscus fueled strawberry, paired with a very smooth cream opposite.

i’m drinking less caffeine these days and by proxy more zen tea (!!!)…. this is an excellent creation! i feel very zen =0)

i steeped for 5, it would have been perfect if i’d steeped for 4.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Amariel

Weird! My bag doesn’t list hibiscus! I have not had any yet, so I don’t know if it is simply an omission, though. I got it in a swap. but original packaging.

Amariel

Ahh, a little sleuthing taps nose and I find from the sen tea site that the black tea is not showing hibby, but the fruit tea version is. I have the black. Is yours herbal?

JustJames

ah, an astute observation of exhausted operational error! thank you for drawing it to my attention! i’ll add a disclaimer at the top.

OMGsrsly

:) We miss you too, James!

Amariel

No problem. I freaked a little when you mentioned the hibby, and I was, OH NOES!! Did I get duped on this one? Luckily, I figured it out and I hope my non-hibby SC is good.

Comments

Amariel

JustJames

OMGsrsly

:) We miss you too, James!

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC