a number of years back there was a movie made called ‘being john malkovich’. i never watched it… i had no inclination. while i think he’s had the odd funny role i have no desire to imagine being him. in fact, the vast majority of famous people i would deliberately NOT MEET…. how could they meet up to the standard of their acting/singing/writing?

HOWEVER.

i would watch a movie about being stacy lim. what is it like to be her? i wonder. where some people have closets of hats and shoes, i imagine her wandering through a surrounding apothecary of teas….‘what shall i drink today?’ she wanders to the market in her neighborhood and sees a butterfly fluttering over a stand of fresh pineapples….. ‘i can capture that motion…’ she thinks and meanders away. a christmas gift of fudge, baked bananas and tapioca pudding…. scotch and a fine cigar….. everything is a challenge in the world of stacy lim. that’s a movie i would like to see =0)

i brought this tea to a coffee house for my team mates to try with me…. after giving away that amazing tea basket, they’d never tried butiki and this was a new one for me too. my africa calling team mates were wowed (to say the least) although the coffee house staff were underwhelmed that i’d brought my own anything, lol.

they gave me hot water and a criminal tea pot that spilled more tea than it poured…. but still, the tea….. oh the tea! a smooth green. no nuttiness, just a cool refreshing base. i would concur with the word buttery. the grapefruit astounds. the essence of peel, of fruit, even of pith— but with no bitterness.

at this point my imagination diverges; does stacy coax the flavour gently from pink grapefruit by whispering sweet nothings? or does she crush them and bludgeon them into doing her bidding without remorse? muahahahahaha?

stacy… remember i told you your teas turn me into a ham? yeah, well—

__Morgana__

Being John Malkovich was actually a really funny movie, but then I love John Malkovich. I had a (male) friend who referred to him as “the thinking woman’s crumpet” which I find hysterical, but true.

Kaylee

I can envision this as the best Food Network show ever.

me too kaylee!!!!

Butiki Teas

Hahaha. :D Trust me, I’m not that interesting. The vast majority of names and ideas for teas are accidents, randomly inspired, completely out of the blue, or hey what is the weirdest yet awesome tea I can come up with. The tea with the coolest story has to be With Open Eyes but other than that nothing terribly entertaining. Right now I’ve been contemplating a tea that has been plaguing me for years. One of these years it will be made. Being John Malkovich is an awesome movie. Definitely worth a watch.

JustJames

he’s just not my cup of…..tea =0D. unless you’d like to persuade me with a perfect blend? lol. i think you’re that interesting.

Butiki Teas

I totally understand him not being someone’s cup of tea. The movie is just completely bizarre though. It’s not so much about him being as it is about being him. I definitely need to see that again to see if it still holds up today.

Ysaurella

I loved this movie ! Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich.Malkovich ?
James you need to see the restaurant scene !:) Thanks for reminding that souvenir.

JustJames

lol….. and still i’m the stick-in-the-mud that doesn’t want to see it. =0D JM just isn’t my thing. restaurant scene, hmmmm? my wife is nodding. possibly. NO PROMISES, lol.

Comments

__Morgana__

Kaylee

I can envision this as the best Food Network show ever.

me too kaylee!!!!

Ysaurella

I loved this movie ! Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich.Malkovich ?

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC