this came to me by way of a lovely surprise gift from CelebriTEA. a note in my inbox queried whether her package had arrived…? (what package? i wondered) steepster is a brilliant community and CelebriTEA decided a tea surprise was in order!

i’ve never had any shanti teas before. erring on the side of caution (stupid allergies) CelebriTEA chose a selection of unflavoured brilliance to arrive on my doorstep. this was the first i tried.

confession: often even with tea swaps even if i’m hugely looking forward to a sample i’ll drink it once and wait a bit. even if i buy it myself…. i don’t do back to back servings (i’m a terrible resteeper). i did with this tea!

hint of malt, hint of chocolate, very smooth caffeine kick. ‘refined’ is the word i would choose. a natural sweetness, though i do enjoy a bit of turbinado and cream. if i think really hard possibly light elements akin to citrus? making me think it may be fijian in origin? possibly?

lovely. thank you so much CelebriTEA for thinking of me as i knuckle down in my studies =0).

xoxoxox.

how can there be so few reviews for this tea? it’s awesome? if you enjoy straight black teas, folks- this is one i would recommend for sure!

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I mostly despise shanti tea’s website….i dislike having to sign in too build a cart and there’s something else about not being able to see if it’s sold out or something easily…..I don’t remember since it’s been a while since I went back to try and build a cart before being annoyed….lol

JustJames

ah! this is something i have no experience with! the tea is nice.. =0). i can see how that would be frustrating.

looseTman

I definitely enjoyed AFB!

CelebriTEA

So happy to know you love it <3

Comments

JustJames

looseTman

I definitely enjoyed AFB!

CelebriTEA

So happy to know you love it <3

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC