drank Casablanca by Special Tea Inc.

if we are friends on FB you have already seen the image i uploaded as the avatar for this tea (seeing as i didn’t have one, lol). the store itself is so cool the owner let me snap a pic when i explained just how much of a tea nerd i am =0).

an acquaintance at school mentioned a great tea place ‘special tea’, downtown on fort street. she looked at me a bit askew when i let slip i hadn’t heard of them. now that i’ve been there i completely understand the look! david’s teas before special tea?!!!! i committed a crime. =0(

the owner was great, very personable and funny… i learned some neat stuff too! (i love it when that happens). i told her about my allergies and she just kept a running tally in her head of things she checked off: ‘nope, nope, nope….’ and made some great suggestions within the scope of a) the things i had mentioned i really like and b) the things she knew i could have.

i am so impressed! at no point was i rushed, talked down to, hassled and i am loving the blends i came away with!

this is very smooth. i did it with cream and sugar because i got sunburned yesterday and am feeling sucky, but it could happily be done without. there’s a tropical/exotic element but the combination of roses and strawberries keep it grounded to a hot summer north american day versus coconuts in the caribbean .

predominant flavour for me is a subtle passionfruit followed by the strawberries and rose. the ceylon is the constant baseline.

this is great! can’t wait to try the rest!!

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

this isn’t the same place SB likes to go is it?

JustJames

…. oooh. dunno!? =0/ lol! might be?

OMGsrsly

There’s Georgie’s, and also Janet’s Special Teas out in Sydney…

i’m probably thinking of janet’s special teas…SB goes there.

Skye Comstock

This sounds great. I’ll hafta try it once I get some of the ones I have already drank down. I’ve put myself on a little bit of a pause with buying tea at the moment since I have bought so much already :)

JustJames

i have done the same =0).
i have some butiki coming in- and really that’s all until september.