i have a new obsession.

depending on my mood this becomes fresh apricot preserves (with more sugar) or fresh apricots off the tree (less sugar).

brilliant.

very smooth, no astringency. i have experimented with standard and double (though not less than) amounts of leaf as well as longer steep times…. it has not gone bitter and i have not had negative results!

predominantly apricot flavour, though a very mild floral aspect after-the-fact. the tea base is the perfect compliment to the fruit component… warmth with very little malt, just enough to differentiate it from the blend assertively.

this is awesome.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
boychik

I love fresh or preserve apricots( halfs, not jam). Do they sell online?

JustJames

they do! http://www.specialtea.com/ i think they have 400 blends? it’s the most amazing place. all blended in the store. the vietnamese OP1 black is amazzzzzzzzzzzing.

boychik

Good to know James! I have to check them out.

Terri HarpLady

When I eat preserves, which is rare but does happen on occasion, I always go for Apricot or peach.

i prefer apricot… oddly i frequently get an element of tobacco with peach =0/

Comments

boychik

I love fresh or preserve apricots( halfs, not jam). Do they sell online?

boychik

Good to know James! I have to check them out.

Terri HarpLady

i prefer apricot… oddly i frequently get an element of tobacco with peach =0/

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC